Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 117 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I understand the approach of testing thoroughly before a new version is released. It’s certainly a lot of trouble if something doesn’t work properly.

On the other hand, we have been waiting for some things for a really long time.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@wolfgang

AH says they are delaying it so they can add even more features.
    Guess they dont care about fixing old problems and just getting updates out sooner because folks have been waiting; and then put those fancy new features in the next update after the one you are waiting for.

Looks like management has abdicated to the coding cowboyz on who decides when software will be released and what will be in it.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

What exactly are the ‘old problems’ they need fixing on dLive? Looks to me like dLive got its fair share of bug fixes and maintenance releases.
    This discussion between users complaining about late new firmware happens regularly on this forum. As I said before, you buy a mixer for what it does, not for what you hope it will do in future. Those of us who have used a Qu, SQ or dLive early on know A&H are pretty good at growing their features with every release. Yes I have my wishlist, and would have loved a 1.9 to play with over lockdown, but I also understand they have other products to develop hardware and software for, and that doesn’t make me post arrogant comments or blame their management.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I think a more frequent update on the process would help.

To me it looks like marketing and development department are not well synchronized. It is A&H teasing version 1.9 for well over a year, when it comes to new hardware (GX4816), but then are not updating where they are and what to expect in a matter where customers could plan into the future.

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

To me it looks like marketing and development department are not well synchronized. It is A&H teasing version 1.9 for well over a year, when it comes to new hardware (GX4816), but then are not updating where they are and what to expect in a matter where customers could plan into the future.

I think the second part of that is a reasonably fair criticism. We do try our best to be honest with our users about where we are. But it has been a while since we announced GX support on dLive. We fully recognise that. It’s a very difficult thing to communicate articulately with people outside of the company.You can appear to be very very close to a release, find a software issue, and suddenly be weeks away; or have to choose between removing a feature people are expecting or delaying the release further.

It’s a balancing act, we try our best but recognise we don’t always get it right.

Wolfgang
    Participant

In germany there is a suitable saying for this:
    you can’t do it right for everyone!

It will certainly never be possible to fulfill all needs and wishes. This is certainly clear to all buyers.
    But as a buyer, you may also remind us that we also want new functions that make our work easier.
    Of course you can do a lot of things very well with the dLive, I personally enjoy working with this system. But there are simply things that can be done better (e.g. the MIDI functions). I simply remind you of that. I don’t find that impertinent or arrogant.

Please stay tuned!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

And then they release 1.86 with GX4816 support and it gets mentioned nowhere 😂

Wolfgang
    Participant

That is not quite true. In the mail, which the sales department sent to the 1.86, it was pointed out.

But I’m already a bit worried that the 1.90 could be postponed for months.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Ok, I have to correct myself. Nowhere in this forum or the companies news page.
    These are the two locations I thought you get informed about news….

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I got the mail too…

Profile photo of B
    B
    Participant

Will there be an upcoming update for the GX4816 to connect to a DXport? I would really like for that to happen so I don’t have to buy a GigaAce Card. I have a 4816 that I boght with my dlive and would like to use it soon

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

I can’t see that ever happening. DX ports are Fast Ethernet (100M) so they don’t have the bandwidth to take the number of channels that a GX provisions.
    I expect you’ll need to buy a GigaACE card.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

GX4816 is Slink or GigaAce only for uplink since it has two DX ports… and one could act as a ME port so more than 100 channels are handled with the uplink

Profile photo of dB
    dB
    Participant

Like your modern dance track…
    With a build-up this long, I bet the drop will be of epic proportions.
    😛

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I hope so a couple of deep processing plugins would be epic for me. It will be interesting to see how far they can take the dLive platform in light of the other brands in the stable. It will be a good indication of where we are in the products life cycle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.