Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Firmware V1.9 ETA?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 117 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@nicola, any update on a V1.9?

I want to know that as well… last major update is older than a year

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Work is still in progress. Some big features being worked at. Months not weeks away I’m afraid.
    I know it’s been a long wait, hopefully you’ll think it was worth it. And rest assured we are committed to developing dLive firmware beyond V1.9.
    We’re also hoping to release a maintenance release shortly with support of GX4816.

SteffenR
    Participant

what about the preview somebody mentioned somewhere?

Profile photo of JS-Sound
    JS-Sound
    Participant

Yes, that would be great…

Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Thanks for the update!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I am very curious to see which of our suggestions will find their way into 1.9.
    Hopefully all my wishes! πŸ˜‰

Now we can only hope that there won’t be a major delay anymore, because at the moment we would have quite a lot of time to get used to new features.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

We’re also hoping to release a maintenance release shortly with support of GX4816.

2 months later not a word even about this maintenance release…. sigh

SteffenR
    Participant

I guess autumn 2021

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

for the maintenance release

SteffenR
    Participant

yes… something like 1.86 or maybe 1.85.1

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

Hey JS,

We don’t generally release firmware ETAs as they can slip if bug fixing is required. However we’re currently expecting 1.9 before the end of the year.

Jack

SteffenR
    Participant

before the end of the year.

Wich year? We already heard this last autumn…

Profile photo of Jack_AH
    Jack_AH

I do understand your frustration, it is taking a lot longer than anticipated, which isn’t something we’re particularly pleased about either.

These are estimates, We’d rather delay the release than ship something that isn’t ready if we find something wrong with it. We try to make this clear whenever we suggest a release schedule, they’re not fixed, we often decide to put back a release either to include more features or to add more fixes and improvements, any indication of timescale we give is the best indication we have at the time which we give it.

Whilst for the most part we have continued development throughout the pandemic, some work which requires physical access to hardware for testing and evaluation has been slow which has added significant time once the release slipped into 2020.

We’re currently expecting to release 1.9 before the end of the year, but I must stress as we always try to. This is just an ETA, it may move again. Some of the beta builds are looking exciting, there are some really cool new features, some of them have just taken a lot longer to develop than anticipated.

SteffenR
    Participant

related to the pandemic
    there could be the possibility to do a public beta testing πŸ˜‰
    since many consoles are not that busy at the moment

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Jack_AH

Really no reason to delay shipping and update while you make yet more new changes.

Put those delaying changes in the next update instead.

Especially when you are delaying FIXES for new features , whilst old features are not working well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.