Firmware update suddenly happened during change to Cat6

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Firmware update suddenly happened during change to Cat6

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of benniferj benniferj 9 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve been running a GLD80 on firmware 1.40 for about a year now totally stably, used with an AR2412 stage rack.

I’ve just purchased some new armoured snake, and went for some Cat6 rather than my normal cat5 Van Damme drum simply to keep my looms compatible with some videos tasks that use cat6 only.

A few minutes after plugging in, the desk has informed me the rack has been firmware updated, which has never happened before with any standard cabling which is always cat5.

Anyone else had this? No problems caused at all but wondered if this is normal?

Cheers

Ben

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Ben,

The AR racks are automatically firmware updated whenever there is a firmware mismatch with the GLD. This normally happens at power up of GLD or immediately after connection. I doubt the change in cabling was related. Any chance that the AR2412 has been used with another GLD mixer? My other guess is that the unit had defaulted to factory firmware for some reason and thus prompted the GLD to update again.

Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

Fair enough… The AR2412 has definitely never been used with another mixer or anything other than Cat5. I’ve been on this exact setup for around a year with absolutely no change in cable or connection at all during that time. It must have happened within 5 mins of the console being on, indeed.

Just to rest my mind, if the rack was to firmware update mid gig, does this reboot the rack causing a loss of audio? Which may explain a strange dropout I heard during a soundcheck…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.