Firmware update problems

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Firmware update problems

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rawdealad Rawdealad 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SIS Audio Guy
    SIS Audio Guy
    Participant

On my QU32, I’m trying to update the firmware to v1.9 and facing some problems with it…

The update started around 1600 hours and it has been 15 hours now, the update has not yet finished.
    Kindly help to resolve this problem.

Profile photo of Fab
    Fab
    Participant

Hi
    Just a few words to confirm that there is a problem because it should take less than 2 minutes…
    i don’t know what to do but i think i would restart all the procedure.(you should find another topic around this forum about this issue)
    Good luck..

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

This has been widely discussed. I personally have never had problems updating my console or several I have sold. I suggest shutting down the coonsole. Take the thumbdrive and download the update again from the website. See if the console reboots under previous version. If so do a reformat of the drive first. Then go through process again. Try that.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

George is correct. Start with all slates clean. Fresh downlad, re-format the USB stick, load the fresh download into the proper folder on the stick and try again.

I’ve had this happen one time only. Download was apparently bad. Such is the Internet…

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Me too … happened one time out of many in over 3 years. It happens…….

Profile photo of Rawdealad
    Rawdealad
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same issue as I type.

I love my desk and don’t want to harm it. I notice that the instructions say not to cut power but I cannot see another way at the moment.

Will it start again if I cut the power?

Thanks,

Adam

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You will see when powering on. If Update failed completely it probably boots up with old firmware. If update ended in a corrupted firmware, there is some hotkey (can’t remember, somewhere in the forum) to enforce starting the unit into update mode.

Dick Rees
    Participant

There was a response from A&H on this issue…but I can’t remember it and haven’t found it again…yet.

Whatever, I pulled the stick, did a proper shutdown and did the whole fresh download etc procedure and have never experienced the problem again.

Dick Rees
    Participant

plus…there may be a need to do a hard reset somewhere in the trouble-shooting process…

Still searching for info from A&H.

Edit: I found other info! Make sure your USB stick contains ONLY the new firmware. Either delete the old or use a new stick.

Profile photo of Rawdealad
    Rawdealad
    Participant

Brilliant. Thanks all for responses.

I bit the bullet and all is well. Install worked the next time.

Cheers.

Ad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.