Firmware Update 1.87 is Out

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Firmware Update 1.87 is Out

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I see Allen and Heath has released the 1.87 firmware. It’s dated Feb 2021, so it clearly happened in the last 3 days. I don’t see any official mention/announcement of it here or on the main site. Is this typical? Do users get notified of a firmware release at all or do you just have to stumble upon it? (I’m an Avantis user and we are all desperately waiting the next firmware release too).

dLive Software

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I have subscribed to news related to dLive (double checked today) and never got a announcement up to this date.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@brian

WHERE did you see it ?

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

It’s available here

dLive Software

Just a minor maintenance update, 3 bug fixes and 4 additional acknowleged known issues.
    To my mind this doesn’t bode well for the major update we’ve been waiting on which was initially slated for release a year or so ago and rumour has it is coming in the next couple of months. Why release a small bug fix update if a major new version is due out imminently?

I’ve never had a notification of a firmware release, I usually find out here or through Facebook groups and A&H page.

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

Damn just realised that URL actually gets converted to the same big graphic from the original post. Sorry for doubling it up.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,
    Email notifications for maintenance releases are sent to users who registered their products at https://www.allen-heath.com/support/register-product/
    We tend to use the wider mailing lists only for new product announcements and major firmware versions.

Usually we also post on relevant Facebook pages / groups and in this community, but it can sometimes take 1-2 days between the website upload and announcements. Brian beat us to it this time!

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I have registered my dLive in 2019 and never got any announcement either…

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Nicola,

Thanks for explaining where A&H get’s their emails distribution list from. That definitely helps.

Would it be possible to have a email registration page available on the A&H site. I’m sure there are plenty of users that want to be notified when things like this are release, but may not be the person that registered the product. I have no idea who would have registered the Avantis at our church (it might have been me, but might not have) but I’ll be the one responsible to install any new firmware. It would be great if we could sign up for these notifications outside of the registration process.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I get all the notifications, but I support Brian’s idea.
    Especially in larger companies and event halls, it is not uncommon that the people who use and update the systems are not the same as those who bought the products.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.