firmware 1.7 usb connect QU16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting firmware 1.7 usb connect QU16

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dellop dellop 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of daveg62
    daveg62
    Participant

Since uprading to firmware 1.7 I now must unplug the usb cable and re-connect to get my pc to recognize the mixer. Never had an issue with 1.6.
    Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.
    I get this message. “This device is disabled because the firmware of the device did not give it the required resources. (Code 29)”
    So far I’ve just tried re-installing the drivers with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Profile photo of daveg62
    daveg62
    Participant

I’ve tried dis-connecting and un-installing all usb devices, and just installing the mixer with nothing else, other than mouse and keyboard. I get the same thing, windows won’t recognize it until I unplug the cable and re-connect. Very weird.

Profile photo of daveg62
    daveg62
    Participant

Ok , back to 1.6 and the issue is gone. I got tired of unplugging my usb cable every time I started my system. There’s definitely a problem with 1.7 at least on my system. Nobody else have an issue?

Profile photo of Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Wrir Live Sound Guy
    Participant

I get a different error. 10 Device Driver not started, and the A&H applet says no device present. WHen I reboot my system It never recognizes the QU32, so I have to uninstall the Drivers, plug the QU32 into a new USB port, and reinstall the drivers, and it works about 40% of the time. I have to repeat 2 or 3 times sometimes. I never turn the equipment off at this point. I bought a new Shielded Gold Connector USB cable, and have tried all USB ports on my ADK workstation. So I am thinking about buying a ePCI USB 3.0 card (to offload the processing from the CPU). ANyone else tried this?

I’ve tried all drivers with the same exact results…

Profile photo of daveg62
    daveg62
    Participant

Well I thought maybe 1.8 would fix this issue. Still does the same thing as 1.7 did. Very frustrating to have to go back to 1.6 to get my mixer to work in the studio without having to unplug it all the time. Can’t believe nobody else has this issue. I’ve even re-installed windows 7 since then and no change. There’s got to be something they did to the firmware after 1.6.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

See if your computer has a power profile that shuts down power to its USB ports if it senses that they are not being used. To do this you go to Control Panel>Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers and click on the arrow next to it to open the list. Right-click on each item in the list and click on Properties – it will bring up a window. In the window click on the Power Management tab and uncheck the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    Another thing you can do is to make sure you power up the console first and then power up the computer.
    Have you tried different USB cables?

Profile photo of daveg62
    daveg62
    Participant

Yes I’ve checked the power management settings again and all are unchecked that you are referring to. The reason I do not think it is a cable issue is that it works fine with v1.6 but does not work with v1.7 or v1.8. Yes it works if I power the console on first but I like to power down the mixer when not using it and just leave the computer running. Then when I turn the mixer back on I either have to re-boot the pc or unplug and re-connect the usb cable to have it recognize the QU-16. I guess it sounds like a minor annoyance but it’s just the way I’m used to using my equipment.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Well if that is the way you power down then you need to live with this issue. What you’re doing is turning off your sound card.

Profile photo of dellop
    dellop
    Participant

This issue still continues to happen on firmware 1.9. It is really frustrating. I have both the board and computer connected to a master power switch. Same problem. Sometimes the driver works, other times it doesn’t.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Get a cheap (mechanical) USB switch, that will allow you to ‘break and make’ the USB connection easily enough.

Profile photo of dellop
    dellop
    Participant

That is a good idea. I just wish they would fix the problem. It is not easily identified that it is not working until you play a sound from the computer. For our use in church, by that time it is too late.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

The “problem” is improper on/off procedure and is a user issue, not a product issue. There’s no way to idiot proof a product from random users, random computer/driver suitability/capability or poor/improper procedure resulting from “multiple-user syndrome”.

It works fine when powered up/down properly. This leavs any problems squarely on the user(s).

Profile photo of dellop
    dellop
    Participant

What is the “proper” on/off procedure?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Desk should be shut down before powering off, and should be connected to PC before that is powered on.

Think that would cover your usage…

In church the lack of connection should be detected at sound check time

Profile photo of dellop
    dellop
    Participant

Which should be turned on first, QU16 or PC?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.