Finding Mix Groups in MixPad

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Finding Mix Groups in MixPad

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Many acoustical treatments were applied to the sanctuary — that resolved a great deal of the inherent problems with the room’s original design. And other equipment was added to achieve delivery of sound, including several pairs of main speakers throughout the room rather than only one pair at the front.

Delay fill speakers around a large room goes a long way in help the intelligibility of a sound system. They get more people in the near field coverage of the sound system at lower volumes rather than having the main system run louder to try to cover clear to back of the room all the while creating louder echo and reverb in a less than acoustic perfect room.

I set up small delay fill speakers many times for events to help even out the room coverage.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Did the installer do any mixer operation training on the SQ?

Like I said the SQ can do a lot but that also means that one wrong checked box could make you wonder why things are not working like they should or channels are showing up in the wrong place or not at all, ect.

Profile photo of EricMcK
    EricMcK
    Participant

The installer did ten hours of training with us on the console, which was very useful. They also tuned the room, and created Scene 1 on the SQ-6 as a default, and instructed us to copy that over to Scenes 2 through whatever the last slot is, and use the copies to make changes and new settings. That way, if/when we mess up something, we’ve always got a default to fall back on.

At that point, we didn’t have the SQ-6 on the network. I thought I had understood the vendor to say that we would need a dedicated wireless router attached to the SQ-6 to keep it totally off the main network, and I didn’t have that in place. However, I’ve put it on the existing church LAN, and have had no problems. I’m the only one using the mobile app, so I haven’t been able to ask our sound techs for advice on my original question.

Our sound techs are very savvy, and have dived into all of the tutorials and videos to learn stuff. I’m probably the weak link in the chain, but today you’ve helped me become a little stronger, for which I thank you!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Working with the mixer and digging into the menus is the best way to learn and develop questions.

I would back up your scenes to a USB stick for safe keeping. As you may know the QU & SQ are a little picky on the USB sticks they like, my go to choice id the Kingston Data Traveler series, you can find many post about that!

The mixer will work on the building LAN network, if you have someone who manages the network you may want to set up the mixer up with an assigned IP address.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@mikec

Would be easier if the document showed a map of all the screens and said what they did in that format instead of listing some of them in line in the document.

A little picky?!
    Would be nice if AH told us why they were so picky when other devices use whatever is on sale at the store this week.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Would be nice if AH told us why they were so picky when other devices use whatever is on sale at the store this week.

What are you talking about? Stop that bullshit!

Profile photo of EricMcK
    EricMcK
    Participant

Steffen… who hurt you???

SteffenR
    Participant

volounteer

he is blaming in every post that the documentation is poor and unusable…
    even if the thread is about a different product or problem

Profile photo of EricMcK
    EricMcK
    Participant

Okay, that’s fair… I don’t like forum trolls either. But I do agree with him/her that a QSG for the mobile app would be nice.

SteffenR
    Participant

upper right corner menu

SteffenR
    Participant

uuuups upper left corner menu
    it was too late last night

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.