File order USB drive?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting File order USB drive?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DreamView
    DreamView
    Participant

Hi all, just purchased two SQ-5 desks and we would really like to use the SQ Drive for (mainly) WAV file playback, this works “kind a” but coming from a Yamaha TF1 desk the playback function on the SQ is a bit of a disappointment I must say. The drive must be formatted on the desk (so no “guest” drives possible), no MP3 playback, selecting another track while playing will start the new track immediately, no folder structure possible etc.

We use this functionality almost on a daily bases and we can live without the features but we really need to know how the desk is sorting the files on the USB drive. It seems randomly but it is always the same “random” order so there must be logic somewhere. This “random” order makes the playback function useless in my opinion.

Can anybody help me with this?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

As near as I can tell the order on the list is in the order that the files were loaded into the playback folder with the last one to be loaded at the bottom of the list.

Profile photo of DreamView
    DreamView
    Participant

I will check this, thanks!

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Any old laptop will provide you with vastly greater control, flexibility, and utility.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.