File name for SHOW/SCENE/LIBRARY when storing on USB

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions File name for SHOW/SCENE/LIBRARY when storing on USB

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dagolaf
    dagolaf
    Participant

Will it be possible to give the files on UBS-stick actual file names that relates to the SHOW/SCENE/LIBRARY they represent, and to set correct time/date on the file?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of JohnOC
    JohnOC
    Participant

+1 for setting date/time on recordings.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The SQ has no internal date/time clock, so I am afraid that this request cannot be fulfilled.

Profile photo of SparksME
    SparksME
    Participant

re the previous question: “Will it be possible to give the files on UBS-stick actual file names that relates to the SHOW/SCENE/LIBRARY they represent, and to set correct time/date on the file?”

1 – I’ll ask the question: WHEN will the SQ software name the show folder (that contains NVDATA.DAT, etc.) on the USB-stick the ACTUAL SHOW NAME?

2 – When will you provide a hardware update for the SQ consoles so that our USB-stick files will be properly date/time sdtamped?

The hardware is as cheap as $14.95 for a Sparkfun Electronics Real Time Clock Module – RV-8803
    ( https://www.microcenter.com/product/624359/sparkfun-electronics-real-time-clock-module—rv-8803-(qwiic) )

The attached computer program will scan folders for any files named SHOW.DAT and create an empty file called “Contains show nnnnnnnn.txt”
    where nnnnnnnn is the ACTUAL show name. It’s free to use and/or update and is written in MS VB6.
    This SHOULD have been part of the SQ hardware version 0.00001.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @SparksME ,

With all the capitals, this is clearly something you’re passionate about, so I’m sorry to say that:

1- There are currently no plans to change the way the folder naming works on SQ. We have included the show numbering on both the console and MixPad to assist with organisation, and as you have found, you can also extract the name from a file within the show folder. Show/Scene/Library data has to be dealt with at a fairly simple level, there is no computer in the SQ, and it cannot deal with long or ‘odd’ naming.
    2- It is incredibly unlikely that we would re-design/develop the SQ hardware at this point at huge cost (it’s pretty obviously not as simple as thowing in a $15 module from Sparkfun!), and of course this cost would then be passed on to all users.

Thank you also for sharing the program, it sounds really useful, but I’m afraid we can’t host ‘unknown’ executable files here so I have had to remove it as an attachment from your post.
    Perhaps you could share a link if it’s available elsewhere online?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

That is quite reasonable — for the current devices. But in the future AH needs to do better to stay competitive.

So I do hope AH adds an accurate clock, or allows a way to receive a clock signal from a national time source from the internet, or call ‘time’ like phones used to be able to do. Definitely use Network Time Protocol (RFC-1305) and Daytime Protocol (RFC-867). US can use time.nist.gov (actually anyone can use it since its on the net:). There must be other nations with time standards that can be accessed slightly faster although for the AH users any of them are too precise already.

And I hope you have a lot more space/byts/characters for names of scenes and shows than currently offered.
    Memory is dirt cheap these days.

Finally, recognize all valid usb devices even if they are not fast enough to record multiple channels simultaneously.
    There is no reason that a device that works everywhere should not be able to be formatted and back up the mixer settings, and also be able to save a show/scenes on it. Better yet update to something newer like SD or whatever else is then the norm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.