Feedback Destroyer

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Feedback Destroyer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jumpy66 Jumpy66 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Citysound
    Citysound
    Participant

Whats about a feedbackdestroyer…it will be a nice and usefull effekt….A lot of problems would be terminated. Its very useful for conferences, in churches and other bad sounddesigned rooms.

Citysound Germany
    Gld 80……..

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Feedback Destroyer is the lodel name of a Behringer product, and a not very good one at that. I had two of them at one point for some sopken word hotel gigs that did not do soundchecks. Every filter destroys the tome and quality of sound, not just the feedback!

MUCH much better is the DBX AFS-224 whch does a far better job, with 12 fixed and 12 floating filters, adjustable in notch depth of four options. Very much better product!
    https://www.dbxpro.com/en-US/products/afs224

Profile photo of Citysound
    Citysound
    Participant

Sorry, I use a false name.
    We only use some DBX AFS 224 and no Behringer products.
    Something like the DBX AFS 224 in a digital version for the GLD-Series would be very use- and helpful.
    We use the DBX AFS 224 only to get more headroom for conferences, discussions…(only speech).

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

I understand. I have a visceral reaction when the trade name is used. I agree, it would be breat if dbx licensed their filter technology to A&H!

Profile photo of lithiumfun
    lithiumfun
    Participant

I’d take it one step back, something that detects the feedback and tells you where it’s coming from. Maybe have a button that will take you to the EQ of the offending source. I don’t know I would use something that filtered all the time, I have too much of a control complex to leave something like that to a computer.

Profile photo of steeven
    steeven
    Participant

A corporate solution is needed for that, try getting resources from here https://eatmywords.com/services/consulting/.

Profile photo of Jumpy66
    Jumpy66
    Participant

If´ you thinking for a feedback destroyer, the you must think about the Sound system. I use an dbx Driverack 260 for the Front. But when the Feedback destroye is in the GLD, so i can place the drive Rack by the Amps. In this time i have placed it by the GLD. So in need 6 ways to get the Output signals to the stage amps. If i have a delay Line one Amp is placed by the Mixer.

But if i can pair for example the Main Out, st Mtx and the Stereo Mix and have a posibility for crossover, so i dont need a crossover. If have no fixed crossover System. Because i have different Events. Sometimes i need Monitor Boxes on Stage, so have not so much possibilities for FOH. I can drive by 2-Way or 3-Way Speaker System. It´s an open System. I´ve 18″ and 15″ Speakers, they have diffence Frequeny Spectrum in the high Frequences.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.