Feed ME-U with Waves SG + ME-U App

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Feed ME-U with Waves SG + ME-U App

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 5 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andy
    Andy
    Participant

Hello!

In the ME-U manual it states that you can send 40 channels to the ME-U with Waves SG (page 7 of the manual). Has anyone ever done this? Do you know what card I’d need to get for the ME-U?

With this setup I know I won’t get channel names and stereo links sent to the ME-U. But if I keep the ME-U connected to my computer than I should be able to use the app and just update the channel names and stereo links right?

I don’t have an ME-U yet so I don’t know much of how it works other than what I can read about it via the manual. If the ME-U can receive 40 audio channels how do I select which channels it’s receiving? Where does the routing take place?

Thanks!

Andy

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Andy

You can fit an ME-U with an M-WAVES-V2 card. This provides a connection to a 48 kHz Waves Soundgrid network.

Waves software running on a PC or MAC can then configure the audio routing to this card and hence the connected ME personal mixers. Channel names and stereo links can be set using the ME-U web interface, as you suggest.

Hope this helps.

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.