Feature Request: RTA like smaart – RTA follows PAFL bus

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Feature Request: RTA like smaart – RTA follows PAFL bus

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stefaanv stefaanv 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of stefaanv
    stefaanv
    Participant

RTA a bit like X32 😉 smaart frequency history view under the PEQ /in the RTA screen.
    Also, when you choose one surface as PAFL2, you can’t use RTA because this is fixed to PAFL1 bus.
    Multiple surfaces, multiple RTA possibility?

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

the demand for a RTA in EQ windows is already some years old.
    They existed before the X32 came onto the market.
    The original idea was shown in the EAW EMX96 console. Here is a link to an (old) prosound news from 2006:
    https://www.prosoundnetwork.com/archives/eaw-debuts-umx96-digital-recording-console
    😉

But I wasn’t aware that the internal RTA is always connected to the PAFL1. Thank you for your contribution.

Profile photo of stefaanv
    stefaanv
    Participant

Yes,

It is.
    I’m working on a small setup where the monitor engineer is using the headphones out on the mixrack cmd32 with an Ipad. I switched on the surface to PAFL2, but when I noticed that the RTA is not following the surface PAFL, I switched it back and gave the ipad PAFL2, but routed the outputs to xlr connections. Its pitty, because I now loose 2 output connectors and can’t use the headphone preamp out which is realy handy fi with the fisher amps passive iem stick. That one does’t use batteries.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.