Faster just got bigger! (SQ-7)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Faster just got bigger! (SQ-7)

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phill Phill 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

To let you guys be the first to know – we’ve just announced SQ-7!
    https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/sq-7/
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Had a feeling this was coming. Wondered how soon. Thanks.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Maybe the SQ-Pac will be right around the corner?

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

It’s nice that there’s now an even bigger model, but I think A&H should have waited with a new model until at least the basic features are all implemented in the firmware for the existing SQ models. This sends some mixed signals to the user base.

Let me guess: It will be available around September(ish), when the new firmware release was announced for. So the long wait for the next release is because of the work on the new model?

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Congrats A&H on the new family member! Thanks @keithjah

KeithJ A&H

Hi Jens-Droessler,

The new SQ-7 uses the SQ core, so the major differences are with hardware as opposed to firmware.
    This means the development of SQ-7 has only had a tiny impact on the constant work being carried out for the SQ range as a whole.

The first SQ-7’s will be landing with engineers in the next couple of months ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks,
    Keith

KeithJ A&H

Thanks jakethepeg!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Keith. I hope you can shoot for faster delivery. The SQ6 has been behind for months. Currently end of June or later on new orders. I do have one in stock but more needed.

Profile photo of cedd
    cedd
    Participant

This is a big deal for me and might be the final nudge to sell my Roland M480 and move across to SQ. 33 faders is great for theatre work especially lots of radio mics with little time for pre-programming (90% of my work!).
    Still going to have to wait until I have mono matrix outputs available before I can commit though – centre fills, under balcony fills etc.

Now what would really be a game changer would be an update to 64 channels with an SLink card in th expansion slot. Seems to fit nicely on the 32 channel faders model. Thatโ€™d be an LS9/M7CL slayer for sure!!! Maybe a paid upgrade at a future date?

Profile photo of Phill
    Phill
    Participant

love this well done guys!!
    a nice family of desks, I do agree tho that additional inputs and those matrix along with the lack of 2nd Slink card are really a stumbling block for loads of us at present, not that it won’t come just wish it was quicker!!
    I did make the plunge with an SQ6 and 2x DX168 tho and am loving them, I just want to be able to do FOH & Mons with a pair..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.