Failed to connect to DSP board

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Failed to connect to DSP board

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of casigoreng
    casigoreng
    Participant

Dear Allen&Heath

i need your help! Imidiatly. This is the second time my GLD left me alone. On Thursday, Jun the 4 everything works fine. Yesterday i start the console and the message “Failed to connect to motor faders” apears. Toda (Sunday) the message changes to “Failed to connect to DSP board”. Seems to be a hardware problem. Firmware is 1.51. Update doesn’t work for DSP Board and Motor Faders.

Logs are attached.

PLEASE! I NEED THE CONSOLE ON June the 16th. We have a DVD Production there and it relies on it! It relies on Allen&Heath!!! Don’t leave me alone.

casigoreng
    Participant

Attaching the logs is not allowed. Please give me a hotline where i can contact.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

If it was me I’d be opening it up and reseating ribbon cables.

Chris

Profile photo of Maurits Thiel
    Maurits Thiel
    Participant

This is a know issue, Internal USB cables not ok.
    Get the desk to a service center and get them replaced, warranty applies (as it is a know problem with the first batch built)
    I had this problem with my own desk and with a rental desk in taiwan.
    Now i travel with a replacement kit if i have rental desks.
    If you have issues getting quick replacement i can send my replacement set.
    DO NOT USE OTHER CABLES THAN SUPPLIED BY A&H

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi casigoreng,

I see you are based in Germany. I recommend you contact our German distributor, Audio Technica, as they are best placed to support and advise you on this matter. You can find their contact details here: https://www.allen-heath.com/dist_type/germany/

casigoreng
    Participant

It was a broken USB-Cable. Support in Mainz replaced it with a new cable and everything works well. The whole “operation” took about 20 Minutes. But 500km to ride… Please A&H do the nature a favour and use better cables. Or send a cable set to the customers to do the replacement on their own.

This is the second broken cable in the desk. Let’s see how long it will work

Profile photo of Edward Sunday
    Edward Sunday
    Participant

my GLD 112 developed same problem showing “failed to connect to motor faders” please guide me on the way out. Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Hello Edward,
    I found this adress:

Sunny C Electronics Co Ltd

BB20A OJO ALABA INT,L MKT
    Ojo
    Lagos, Nigeria

Tel: +234 8037278800

Good luck and keep us informed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.