Faders optionnal evolution

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Faders optionnal evolution

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flo84 Flo84 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi,

@KeithJ A&H

I saw that there was a touch sensitive version of the faders that are installed in the SQ.
    Do you think it would be possible in the future to create an optional update kit to add this function to the SQ? This could be great for using the console in the studio.

Best

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @flo84

To add touch sensitivity to the SQ would require a complete redesign of multiple boards as well as updates to firmware.
    I understand that it’d be useful for control surface use with automation, but would suggest this doesn’t represent the majority of SQ applications so as a separate kit would end up being prohibitively expensive due to the development, test, manufacturing cost vs volume of sales.

So possible, but unfortunately not probable unless we suddenly have 80% of users asking for it.

Sorry!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Flo84
    Flo84
    Participant

Hi @KeithJ A&H

As I said, I ask the question because I saw on the fader manufacturer’s website that there was a “touch sensitive” version.

Don’t be sorry 🙂 Personally I’m not in studio environment (but it might do me a favor only occasionally).

I thought of an evolution of the firmware, thank you for the explanation on the hardware part.

Best

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.