Faders not on surface – configurable.

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Faders not on surface – configurable.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I added this as a feature request, but I thought I’d ask if anyone has a ‘good’ solution. Situation, adult praise band starts the service, middle school plays offertory, back to adult praise band. We use scenes to jump between bands. Some mics/inputs are shared, others are not. The mics that are not shared are only found on the surface for a single band. If a channel is un-muted when switching between scenes, that channel stays un-muted. Our solution is to add all our channels to other layers that are not being used and mute them.

As and FYI, for each band we have created their own template show (which has a template scene). On the Sunday the middle school band plays, we copy their scene to the ‘Master’ Sunday show.

Any other solutions?

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

Use only one show with two scenes for your service! Include or exclude wanted channels to “recall safe” to pretend muted channels and your own Band-Layer-Layout!

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

With the proper choice of recall filters (allow recall of the mute status of channel inputs…) you should be able to save each setup with unused channels muted, and have them mute automatically when recalling the scene. The trick is to remember to mute unused channels *before* you take their strips off the board (or get out the iPad).

Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

You could also assign a DCA to a batch of channels so you can mute them all with 1 common mute.

GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I’m going to add a couple of suggestions to resolve this issue.
    1) On the control screen, indicate which channels are muted.
    2) Automatically mute channels removed from the surface (this would be configurable and default to the current method).
    3) Be able to mute/unmute from the control screen.

The only method I currently see is to drop the channel onto the surface mute it and remove it from the surface. I have been burned by this twice and as a similar post the same thing happened to me for a channel being pfl’d.

GSLC-Tech
    Participant

We would never want to scene safe any of the inputs as each band shares inputs.

GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I agree that in practice, you should mute the channel prior to tossing it off the surface. I’m just hoping it can be an option.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Is there any reason the scene that removes the faders from the surface couldn’t also mute them?

Chris

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

write two scenes that only mute your set of channels you are not using
    then you can mute the unsed channels only.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.