Faders above unity

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Faders above unity

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garyh garyh 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dholbrook
    dholbrook
    Participant

Issue separate from the other one I posted. If I have a fader above unity zero in the main layout, and I switch to matrix 5-6, or 3 etc, when I come back to the main page it bumps the fader down to its previous point (way below unity). It’s like it isn’t allowed or permitted to store a fader position at +5, so it just won’t save it.

Doesn’t seem to be a matter of waiting long enough, that switch to a different page bumps it back down.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I suppose you mean “MIX” 5 or 6 ?

Going to the mix pages gives you “send on faders” and going back to the main page gives you the actual foh volume per channel. Does that help ?

Giga

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Giga, I think the issue is that when they do switch back to the FOH mix the faders aren’t in the same positions they were left in the last time they were in the FOH mix.

dholbrook, is the audio being affected when this happens? ie if you play music through a channel with its fader at +5, switch to another mix then switch back to FOH – does the music get quieter when the fader comes down? If you have any remote control devices connected do they reflect the fader positions seen on the desk?

Chris

Profile photo of dholbrook
    dholbrook
    Participant

Chris – the audio is affected yes

for example – last night – pushed Wireless channel from -10 to +5 in the main l/r page
    – switched to mix 5/6 page
    – switch back to main l/r page and the fader (and audio) were now back down to -10

ONLY happens when the fader is above unity

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Is this on the board or in the app? If the board, have you done a fader calibration? If the app, do the board faders also show the change?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.