Fader strips trembling

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Fader strips trembling

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Edi Edi 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

Shortly after a recent firmware upgrade (I think 1.51) I noticed a few odd things with the fader strips…

– When a scene is recalled, rather than the faders snapping to their places, then tend to snap to and then tremble a bit.
    – Even when no one is touching the fader, you see the scribble strip change from strip name to db level.
    – Finally if you have a strip assigned to 2 faders and both are on the current top layer they seem to interact and tremble.

Has anyone else noticed these problems?

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

I’m also running firmware 1.51 and have not noticed these problems.

Have you calibrated the faders after the update, because this is suggested after firmware upgrade?

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

Hi Edi,

I have not done a calibrtion. In fact I didnt know about this being suggesed. Do have a link to the procedure?

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

Hi Beartech,

The procedure is described on page 60 of the touchscreen reference guide where also is explained the necessity after firmware upgrade.
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/GLD-Touch-Screen-Reference-V1.5_1.pdf

Go to the setup -> utility menu to the calibration tab.

Select the fader calibration and follow the instructions on the screen.
    Move the faders to the positions as described (be sure to move them to the printed labels on the board -> + 10dB is not the top end of the fader as minus infinite is not the lower end). Be also aware what the EQ zero line is (it’s also the point labeled on the board and not 0dB!!!)

Hope this helps and solves your issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.