Fader problem.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Fader problem.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ikr ikr 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ctp
    Ctp
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I have a problem with number nine fader on an sq5.
    The symptoms are it runs up to the top of its travel when changing banks,
    It won’t pass audio to left/right/aux/fx,you can alter the fader send via the rotary control on the surface but it reverts back to inf on its own.
    It’s the same type of symptoms you get with fader on an analog desk that’s open circuit.
    Any clues ,to me the fader control circuit is faulty.
    Cheers and merry Christmas.

Profile photo of peterlanders
    peterlanders
    Participant

What happens if you go to Setup Surface and drag a different (already set up) channel onto that particular fader position? If the channel works fine on one fader but not that one, you’ve probably got a bad potentiometer and the next step is probably to submit a ticket on the support page or get in touch with your dealer.

Profile photo of Ctp
    Ctp
    Participant

Submitted ticket ,but now found channels disappear randomly. Will post any replies.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Ctp,

I replied to you in the support system this morning, but obviously there was no mention of channels disappearing.
    Please provide further details (and a show file if possible) in the ticket and we’ll try to figure out what’s going on here.

For others reading this thread, the initial problem may be solved through a simple re-calibration of the faders (Fader Calibration).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Ctp
    Ctp
    Participant

With ref to channels disappearing I need to investigate further as it could be finger trouble (or not) but the fader has been subjected to fader calibration but to no availe.
    Most probably needs returning for professional scutiney ,will try a full reset and re install latest upgrade first and see what happens.
    Cheers for your input.

Profile photo of Fab&Tiz
    Fab&Tiz
    Participant

Good morning,
    I am the owner of an SQ7 and have big problems with all the faders that do not return to the correct positions!
    I have already recalibrated several times and also made a hard reset.
    What should I do?

thanks, Fabrizio

Profile photo of FrogT
    FrogT
    Participant

Hi, same problem here. Even after calibration and hard reset, I’ve got 2 faders wich not return in a good position, they seem to be harder than others.

Profile photo of ikr
    ikr
    Participant

Hello!
    Has your problem been solved?
    I have the same problem with my SQ5.
    The faders have trouble finding their positions
    THANKS

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.