Fader issue, gain not according position

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Fader issue, gain not according position

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Chris 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Hi, all

We use an Sq7 for ower church and user approxamitly 42 channels. The sounds seems very well, but we have serieus faders issues. Some mechanical faders seems instable when they are connected to each other (two the same channels on two different faders). The fader gain was also jumping uncontrolled. (firmware 1.3.0) After two months the mixer is send back to the service point (promised one week repair time). But we get the mixer after 3.5 weeks, because service people was not availible. The instability in the faders was solved and the mixer was full tested, but we seems now a new issue with some faders. The mixer was again installed in a relative cold church (13degrees). From some mechanical faders the position was not corrosponding the internal fader gain (Check on routing display). The internal fader gain was +10dB and result in a large feedback, while the fader was at -inf. Moving the fader don’t change the internal fader gain. After warning up of ~1 hours the issue seems disapear and we couldn’t reproduce. (hardly to find the issue). We have move the processing channel to an other fader channel.
    Is this temperature related? How big is the risk for live performance? Is this a mixer issue? Normally the mixer is warming up for an half hours and is the church warmed up to 20degrees. For now we take the risc for december (number of events). In the past we use digital mixers at low temperature for outside events. (yamaha 01v96!, digico, midas, soundcraft,…).

Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Hi all,

We have made contact with the Dutch Allen Heath representative company (Have not deliver the mixer, mixer comes from Belgian company in the netherlands). Within two hours a replacement Sq7 is delivered on location! The current Sq7 is at the same day repaired (4 faders replaced), but we can used the demo model. A week later we get or own Sq7 back and is working very well. Services! Thanks!

Peter

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Well….I thought I’d share it anyways. Been on it 2 hours today so far too and no problems again.

I’ve never turned the wi-fi off ever until yesterday so why there solid months of usage and it would now suddenly do it is beyond me, but it has stopped now. I also wouldn’t class the USB chipset in an iMac as cheap though considering the price of the things…..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.