Fader is going down suddenly when is touching

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Fader is going down suddenly when is touching

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of David J. David J. 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David J.
    David J.
    Participant

Hi, I want to ask you if you have some experience about some fader going down suddenly while you try to change the value of that fader, sound still continue in same level if you no move the fader, sound dissapear when you try to recover a value to zero in the way, after that fader works ok. I’ve had that experience a few times during some gig a time ago, not always in the same fader. But last saturday, happened once again with a band sound engineer who played, one fader down suddenly. The engineer was worried because he was wondering if they would appear more problems to finish the concert with a success. Fortunately, the issue didn’t show more.

I’ve experienced this problem in different firmware version, currently v1.51, even in my GLD80 once. That seems a software error, isn’t it? However, never I had this experience in any QU’s I have.

Someone else has had that experience? Thank you

Profile photo of owensg
    owensg
    Participant

Hello Dav, for me i,ve never had such experience but it seems a software issue. i will advice you send a mail & the diagnose log(setup-utility) to A&H or to your dealer which will contact A&H. You may be ask to send your console to A&H factory. Though that may attract some charges.
    Regards.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I know that if you have two faders ganged and you try to move both at the same time they will fight each other and reset to their previous position, but if it was only one then this is something different.

Chris

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

I have had this happen also, not sure of the cause. Had my fingers on a couple faders and suddenly they move a little as if someone was goofing around on an iPad but I’m pretty sure I was the only one logged in.

David J.
    Participant

Same experience Mrvoltz! But in my case, faders go down completely, anithing to do with ganged Chris, and no diagnose log, Owensg.I had this experience at least about 4 times both on 112 and 80. Thats true, that I was thinking about that happends when I try to move 2 channels at the same time.

By the behavior, that seems a CPU error, not physical.

Anybody have a solution? If that happens when I work for me, it’s not a problem, only a black second when I try to recover the fader position. The real problem arrives when a external sound engineer are working with it, losing confidence.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Does this only happen when a remote control device (iPad) is also connected? I use both the 80 and the 112 very regularly and haven’t had this issue, but don’t use the iPad that often.

David J.
    Participant

In my case, i had no ipad connected at that moment.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Any chance the fader behaviour is related to the use of the Reset button? If a fader resets itself when pressing Reset, it might be minor fader jitter, in combination with the Reset function, causing this. I remember a couple of cases earlier on.

Either way I suggest you get in touch with our local distributor for servicing the mixer.

David J.
    Participant

Hi Nicola! Thanks for your answer. No, has nothing to do with about touching reset button, It’s only happened at the time of touching the fader. Just today, talking with a sound engineer, told me he experienced the same in another GLD once, and he was realize that happened while he was moving 2 faders at time, he touched a third and this one went down suddenly.

I’m thinking about software issue, but not sure.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

When it happened to me I was adjusting two faders at the same time, L&R of a CD track.
    Mine didn’t go all the way down but moved enough to move my fingers about 3/4 of an inch (2 cm).

David J.
    Participant

Last saturday happened to me again, one fader go down suddenly when I touched once during de show. Someone found this issue?

David J.
    Participant

Last saturday happened to me again, once during de show. Someone found this issue?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.