Fader Crossfade Move With Scene Change

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Fader Crossfade Move With Scene Change

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dave
    dave
    Participant

Hey guys, maybe I am missing something here, but I have timers on my scenes so that they crossfade. The faders do not represent the changes, only the indicators on the scene page. Is this something not setup or something that needs to be added as a feature request. I know the SD series works this way.

Profile photo of JFug
    JFug
    Participant

You aren’t missing anything. IT’s weird. The faders snap immediately but the fades should be actually happening. Sadly the faders just don’t show it.

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

That was a design decision made to help the life of the faders.
    I’m not saying requesting the feature will be fruitless but just be aware it’s been discussed before and it’s not an oversight rather a conscious decision by the design team.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Its a design limitation of the Dlive not having touch sensitive faders. The decision for the faders to jump to the end fade position is not so much about fader life but about giving the engineer the ability to “grab” a fader at any time during the timed fade and get control of it instantly. It the faders were to move with the fade time there will be no way for the console to know you have grabbed it and it will keep firing move commands at it until the fade has completed. Because of this limitation I don’t think we will ever see the faders crossfade on Dlive. I’d like to be wrong tho!

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I replaced a fader on a C2500 today.
    I was intrigued to find that the faders themselves have a touch track, so are capable of being touch sensitive.
    I was even more intrigued to find that the fader PCBs each had an unpopulated connector labeled “fader touch,” indicating that the designers at least thought there was a chance the PCB would be used in a touch sensitive application at some point.
    I was not curious enough to disassemble the surface farther than necessary just to see if the processor board (somewhere up by the touchscreen) had matching fader touch connectors.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.