Fader Calibration and Logic

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Fader Calibration and Logic

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ghess1000
    ghess1000
    Participant

I have DAW control working on the QU32 with Logic. I calibrated the faders and now when any fader is moved slightly above 0 dB the corresponding fader in Logic jumps immediately to +6 dB.
    When I move the fader above 0 dB (or -12 depending on the scale) in Logic, the fader on the QU goes down to around -5 dB.
    The current firmware is v1.73. I’ve been trying to update but haven’t been able to find a USB drive to work with the QU yet (grr). Logic v 10.3.2 and Mac OSX 10.12.6.

TIA for any suggestions

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Format the USB stick on your computer, then format it in the QuDrive.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I find that the USB drives I use for firmware updates are no where near as fussy as the ones I use for recording.I have used random inexpensive ones for firmware updates and I have only ever had one hangup which was corrected on the second attempt. Try one and see – even if it isn’t on the recommended list.

Profile photo of AudioWorks
    AudioWorks
    Participant

Was wondering if my issue might be related. On my Qu-24 as you move the fader up, at the 10 the volume increases at least +3db. All faders do the same thing. When playing music through ST3, any time you go above the 10, the volume increases or might say jumps. Is there a way to calibrate the faders like you can the motors? Firmware is 1.90. Fader firmware V02.5.

ghess1000
    Participant

The real problem is the fader calibration issue. Below 0dB it’s fine, but moving above 0dB pegs the fader in Logic.

With regards to the USB stick. I’ve tried three different ones with the QU and it won’t recognize the stick at all. The drives were formatted for Mac and for Windows. These are real brands, sandisk, samsung, etc. The QU won’t recognize them or format them.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Have you followed the QU specific formatting steps to start (I can’t recall what the parameters are offhand)

Also – what size are they (is there a size limit on the desk?)

ghess1000
    Participant

I can’t format a drive using the QU if it doesn’t recognize that it’s even there. One was an 8 and another a 16. My tech tried the other one, so I don’t know the size, etc.

There’s a list of drives that have worked and while these were the right brands, they weren’t the exact models listed.

But back to the fader issue. Are you saying the problem is the firmware?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

I mean there is a spec for how to format the stick on a computer – which is listed in the manual somewhere.

The general recommendation from the forum is to use a SanDisk Extreme for recording etc…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.