Extra monitor mixes needed after our bands started using in ear

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Extra monitor mixes needed after our bands started using in ear

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kc_minne
    Kc_minne
    Participant

Is there a solution for more mixes to be used with our qu32? We started using in ear and because of everybody now wants there own mix we frequently run out of output mixes in our church. Luxury problem I know but still now a wish from our musicians.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I’m assuming you need more than seven monitor mixes?

You can switch the groups to become more mixes, there is a group / mix selection
    option in the group set up menu. That will give you up to four more stereo mixes.
    Page 42 in the manual.

Are any of the musicians using the QU You APP to mix their own monitor mix?

If they are using the QU You APP groups that are switched to mixes are not controlled on the APP.

Kc_minne
    Participant

Yep they use the app.. but if we can control those groups separately maybe it is workable

Do I need an extra device at the stage for this? We have a an AR2412 rack at the stage that doesn’t give me extra outputs only 11/12

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The AR2412 has 12 outputs, how many are you using?

Keep in mind the outputs are fully assignable in the IO menu.
    Are any of IEMs running in stereo?

Any that are not in stereo only need to use one channel of the stereo mix outputs.
    to gain more outputs on the AR2412 you only need to assign one of the outputs of a stereo
    mix to the output on the AR2412.

Profile photo of Dancing Brook
    Dancing Brook
    Participant

It might help if you shared how many you need (and at any point in time).

Profile photo of JLD
    JLD
    Participant

ME may be an alternative?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

SQ an option. You can make 12 aux busses

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

@ Mike C

If you change a group into a mix, it then becomes available on the Qu-You app (I think you may have to turn the app off & on again before they show up).

Keep in mind though, that there’s a limit to the number of devices that can connect at one time. 8 IIRC, of which two can be Qu-Control.

@ Ck minne

The outputs of your AR2412 can be patched on the I/O screen to become any of the desk’s outputs.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

f you change a group into a mix, it then becomes available on the Qu-You app (I think you may have to turn the app off & on again before they show up).

Keep in mind though, that there’s a limit to the number of devices that can connect at one time. 8 IIRC, of which two can be Qu-Control.

I’ve switched groups to mixes quite a few times but only one time with QU You being used, I’ll have to try it again.

Good point point on the device limit, I think it is 8 plus 2 QU Pad mixer control APPs, I’ll check.

I to thought about the ME system but wanted to try to work with what he has.

MarkPAman
    Participant

I meant Qu-Pad, not Qu-Control in my previous post (sorry)

Anyway, the website says:

“Number of Connections
    The Qu mixer supports a maximum of 8 iOS device connections, including up to two iPads running Qu-Pad, with the other devices running the Qu-You Personal Monitor app or Qu-Control Customisable App for Install which are also available free from the App Store.”

I’ve attached a screenshot of Qu-You connected to my Qu-Pac, with Group1&2 turned into a mix. As you see, the new mix is available to the phone.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    MarkPAman
    Participant

A trick I’ve used with a high monitor count (function band) was to put the sax & trumpet mixes on a stereo mix both on (mono) IEM & wireless mics as the like to go walkabout! They both want pretty much the same things, so set that, then it’s just a matter of panning their own instruments a bit in that mix so they’re each louder than the other – this can be done from the phone’s “double tab” page, if you want. These two usually set up their ix themselves in soundcheck, but then make no changes.

Then use the same trick for the vocalists (usually 3) who use 2 wedges between them. Three of the wheels of the app then control their relative volumes for different songs – they just have to realise & remember that they can’t turn up too much cos it will feedback at some point! They’re usually pretty good though.

Kc_minne
    Participant

Thanks all ! I need around 8/9 output mixes so this would help allot. We will try it and give feedback.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks all ! I need around 8/9 output mixes so this would help allot. We will try it and give feedback.

Sounds like switching a couple of groups to mixes should do it and re mapping the Ar2412 out puts as needed.

How many in the band use the QU You APP, do you mix with an iPad? Mark confirmed 8 is total number of devices that will connect.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

A trick I’ve used with a high monitor count (function band) was to put the sax & trumpet mixes on a stereo mix both on (mono) IEM & wireless mics as the like to go walkabout! They both want pretty much the same things, so set that, then it’s just a matter of panning their own instruments a bit in that mix so they’re each louder than the other – this can be done from the phone’s “double tab” page, if you want. These two usually set up their ix themselves in soundcheck, but then make no changes.

I’ve done that same trick a couple times only to feed some fill zones that needed to get almost the same mix.

Thanks for double checking the device count, I think I’ve been at eight connected devices only a couple times.
    Anytime a band has IEM’s I always pitch to them the Qu You APP!!!

Profile photo of MartineE
    MartineE
    Participant

Okay, I tried it out on our Qu32, but I’m puzzled how to change a group into a mix.
    I set grp1L and grp2R to dsnake out but in the Qu-app it doesn’t show up. (See attachment)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.