External FX in mains, punch in / out ??

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions External FX in mains, punch in / out ??

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant

Qu-16: Is there a way to hook up an external processor – in this case a DriveRack (sub-sonic harmonizer) used to major fatten sound through the mains/subs – that can be readily punched-in during the song, then punched out for announcements & similar?

I’m really looking to do this from the iPad. DriveRack is a few years older and does not have the mobile feature.

Profile photo of JD
    JD
    Participant
    Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No way to punch out external effects from the iPad – could you use a group/Mix as your main mix, then loop back to a st input and send out to the amp rack?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’d try to use a Kiss Box. Since you obviously already have some sort of WiFi network running, adding that box shouldn’t be an issue. Then you can control the DriveRack via regular midi commands, you just need a configurable midi controller app on your pad.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Move up to a drive-rack PA2. It has an iOS app. Can turn sub synth on and off in its module. I am using PA2’s and Venue 360 on installs. Love using the app to adjust all modules during setup.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Move up to a drive-rack PA2. It has an iOS app. Can turn sub synth on and off in its module. I am using PA2’s and Venue 360 on installs. Love using the app to adjust all modules during setup.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, just realized that the old DriveRack does not have MIDI sockets, so a KissBox doesn’t help at all. sorry.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.