External Clocking with SQ7

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions External Clocking with SQ7

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Danny
    Danny
    Participant

Hello guys,

I would like to ask if there’s a way to use an external clock for the SQ7. If there’s no external clocking features with SQ7, would you suggest a model that has this feature. We have a client who has a “Black Lion Audio Micro Clock MKIII XB Word Clock” as a master clock.

Thanks and regard,

Danny E.

Profile photo of Kris Kurowski
    Kris Kurowski
    Participant

It is not possible to interface SQ series mixers with this Black Lion MKIII WC. Avantis and dLive have external WC connector.

Profile photo of Danny
    Danny
    Participant

Thanks Kris. So Avantis and dLive can accommodate external clock. If that is so, then I would dig in further with those two. Thanks!

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

It’s possible through the option card slot but in no way cheap at all.

But the console will clock through its option slot (Waves SoundGrid or Dante).

You could then clock from these cards using external means but with the cost and hoops you need to jump through, it really makes no sense unless you’re already using these cards for another purpose.

I should add, the console sounds beautiful and imho clocking, conversion, and signal paths are of no issue.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Why someone would clock a console like the SQ external?

Profile photo of Kris Kurowski
    Kris Kurowski
    Participant

@Steffen_R

Yes, that does not make any sense. Owning a Black Lion MKIII doesn’t make sense either unless you run a well equipped recording studio, in which case you are not looking at a SQ or any other live console.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

@Kris
    that’s what I mean, the SQ can’t work with different sample rates
    since it is a live sound console this is no issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.