Expansion card for multitrack recording?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Expansion card for multitrack recording?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mrvoltz Mrvoltz 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Am new to the GLD-80, but have been using a Qu-16, Qu-24, and Qu-32 for the past 3 or 4 years.
    Now that I have the GLD, I’m wondering which expansion card would be best for getting audio to a multitrack DAW like Reaper or ProTools.
    I have some clients who want more that 2-track mix from the USB thumb drive.
    Thanks in advance-

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hi Rob,

Hope the GLD80 is working well for you. The card you probably want is the M-Dante card. I have one in the GLD112 in our church and it works extremely well for multi-track recording. Very clear sound quality.

Hope that helps

Robert

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

We are using a dante card. We had a big donation and our tech guru wanted the 64×64 card. Pricey, but works. I know the setup is not the easiest but you will find good instructions on line. There are other posts about this topic. So you should be able to get up and running.

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions.
    Now to go spend some money!

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

+1 to M-Dante. Although there are other options with MADI, ADAT etc, Dante seems to be rapidly gaining market share, and seems a lot more easily distributable than the other standards. I’d only go with one of the other standards if you\your venues had specific adat\madi etc hardware that needed to be interfaced with. The M-Dante card + DVS +a laptop with a NIC (100mb for 32×32, 1G for anything higher) will allow you to do your multitrack recording, as well as open up options for virtual sound check. You can also use it to interface with other Dante-enabled consoles to share audio, eg you can use your console as a monitor console, and send signals to another FOH\Broadcast consoles via Dante, and receive their returns via Dante and route them straight to your Stagebox’s outputs, something you couldn’t do with the Qu series. Adding a cheap switch will allow you to do the multitrack+FOH\monitor split at the same time.

Profile photo of Mrvoltz
    Mrvoltz
    Participant

Ditto on Dante, we love it, also opens up options with Dante Via to get other sources to the board, and for remote monitoring.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.