Expander? (Related to gate, not more channels)

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Expander? (Related to gate, not more channels)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of wren wren 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of wren
    wren
    Participant

Before I post something about it in the “feature suggestions” forum, I wanted to double-check here: is there really no way to get the iLive’s gate to become/behave like an expander?

(It’s entirely possible that this has already been addressed in some form because searching for “expander” just results in a bunch of info about the xDR-16 &etc. If that’s the case, I apologize.)

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Do you mean so that when the gate closes it just it turns it down a bit rather then cutting it off completely?

The depth control in the gate section controls how much the signal is turned down when the gate closes, just set it a bit lower. If you want that level to fade in and out rather than suddenly jumping from open to closed set the attack and release times longer.

Chris

Profile photo of wren
    wren
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Yes, that is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a “ratio” knob or an “expander” function, not a “depth” knob, and like I said searching for “expander” in any manual or in Google just brought up info on hardware.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.