ExFAT support for SQdrive

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions ExFAT support for SQdrive

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GutsyStudio D&D GutsyStudio D&D 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

I use a 1tb nvme SSD drive on SQdrive for last minute recording requests from bands when I don’t have time to set up my usual dante recording machine. I usually have it formatted to exFAT and hate having to reformat to fat32 each time I use it on SQ. Is ExFAT support possible with the OS on the SQ?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@carl N ,

The SQ does not have a computer inside (in a desktop/laptop/SBC sense) and SQ-Drive is a hardware solution rather than something where you might imagine drivers or updates would allow use with different formats in the same way as might be the case with macOS, Windows or Linux for example.
    So no – I do not believe there would be any way to implement this.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

Understood. Thanks mate. I might see if it will work with multiple partitions on the drive as a workaround.

Profile photo of hammond
    hammond
    Participant

Hi,
    @carl N: did it work with multiple partitions on one drive ? I‘ve the same problem with my SQ5 and OSX and it doesn‘t work with two partitions (HFS+ + FAT32). SQ5 wants to format the drive.
    thanks
    Claus

Profile photo of Carl N
    Carl N
    Participant

@hammond No, I tried all sorts of combinations of multi-partition drives, with the FAT32 partition first or last, GUID vs MBR partition map, etc… Nothing seemed to work at all

Profile photo of GutsyStudio D&D
    GutsyStudio D&D
    Participant

+1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.