erratic dlive fader freeze & wireless router

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting erratic dlive fader freeze & wireless router

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of RayS RayS 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

lately when i have the wireless router’s lan connected to the network ports of either the surface or the mixrack , i get very unresponsive faders as if they’re being controlled from a computer even though director is not being worked on…I had this issue before 6 mo ago) but i don’t remember how I resolved it…the only difference i can see this time around is an update of to 1.71 on all devices….really it,s as if there is another application trying to use the connection to the console ??!! this is in a warehouse with no internet etc…so just the dlive network, any ideas?

thks

Ray

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I presume your wifi has security turned on…. someone’s cell phone trying to connect to it……
    Have you tried a different wifi router.
    One other thing I can think of would be a pc with some network sniffing software to try and see what’s going on. I’ve used Wireshark in the past when trying to troubleshoot a network.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Ray,
    I presume you checked there is no conflict between the dLive IP addresses, router address, and router DHCP range?

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

ok, after a loong day of trying several things even swapping racks and surfaces…traced it to a midi loop back (live professor 2) through the A&H tcp midi driver (hence why i thought it was network related)…how and why it actually affects the network i don’t quite know yet or where the looping occurs…I will investigate with audiostrom as to why that is…

thkx

Ray

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

interesting…

Profile photo of RayS
    RayS
    Participant

Got it, it was a default setting in lp2 repeating internal midi msgs in an endless loop…under lp2 audio midi menu there is a midi thru and the direct midi out which i had to “disconnect”…

Ray

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.