Emulations

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cheu78 cheu78 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aisle-6
    aisle-6
    Participant

It would be great to see some EQ emulation options on a per channel basis as are already available with the channel compressors. A few more compressor emulations also would not go astray. Maybe we can all list the equations we would like to see.

Compressor

BSS DPR-402
    Alan Smart C2 or some other SSL buss comp

EQ
    API550 or even 5500 would be better
    Neve 1081
    RED 2

Some ideas anyway. Some subtle harmonic generation would be handy in some instances as well.

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

Hello There!
    A nice Vari Mu emulation based on a Gyraf or a Manley or a Fairchild would be really great for the 2buss 🙂
    Along with the SSL mentioned above..

Maybe a tape machine emulation? Am I crazy to ask this? To add some glue to the mix or drums.
    Also a nice 1176 emulation would be great since there’s already the LA2A one 😉

FX: check out the Eventide DDL500 20db boost feature is unique and pretty sick.. Would be great to have that onboard as well..

Thanks A&H

ciao

Cheu

Profile photo of aisle-6
    aisle-6
    Participant

Hi there Cheu.
    Nice to see you here. If I am right in guessing that they “opto” is an LA-2a emulation then, the way it operates is way different. I do like the opto emulation, but the way I use an LA-2a is to drive the input gain a little to excite the harmonics. The LA-2a is a great little toaster for this task and then I drop the threshold to suit for compression. So I am really doing two jobs with a real LA-2a. I like the flexibility of the opto emulation, but it takes away some of the original devices function. The ability to control it both ways would be great.

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

Hey Scott!
    I’m seriously considering the S3000 for my theatre.. it ticks a lot of boxes..

would love to have a tape emulation, and a saturator that you could put on some channels, not really for distortion but for that “glueing” effect.. I’m thinking drums, bass, keys..
    and hopefully a nice warm vari-mu.. emulation of the Gyraf or Manley would be great..
    I didn’t have the time to test it but I believe they did a Culture Vulture emulation..or something like that.

howdy

Cheu

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

maybe an UAD-2 for dLive? 🙂

Profile photo of Scott A&H
    Scott A&H
    Participant

S3000 is an ideal Theatre Console, so many features and a small footprint, good for multiple users.
    Next week the latest firmware release will have a nice 2 stage valve preamp on every channel so you can dial in some harmonic distortion.
    There’s a lot more to come in future updates.

SteffenR
    Participant

damn…. got to buy a dLive

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

damn…. got to buy a dLive 😐
    Appologies for a noob question.

Is the S3000 cascadable? Cascade-able
    OR in other words can 2X S3000’s run side by side
    to combine as one larger surface?

SteffenR
    Participant

not at this moment
    multi surface control is announced for future release

SteffenR
    Participant

it’s not an emulation… MESA EQ? or some notches in groups, aux or matrices

Profile photo of cheu78
    cheu78
    Participant

I just got mine! An S3000 with a custom made rolled cart/table.

Can’t wait for some more classic emulations fx/comps.
    It’s really a high quality piece of gear..
    congrats to A&H for pushing it further! 🙂

Cheu

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.