Empty FX Rack with audio-passthrough if using external effects

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Empty FX Rack with audio-passthrough if using external effects

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tomvo
    tomvo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking for a nice method to use the Waves-plugins with IO-card in Auxes. The compressors and so on will be used as inserts. No problem so far, but if i want to use an AUX for delay, I have to use two Input-Channels for routing it back to Main. It would be cool, if in the 8 internal FX racks there is an empty Rack that could be used for audio passthrough. So I can use the delay over Waves as insert on an AUX and can use the FX-return from the internal rack for routing it back to main. So I don’t need to burn input-channels for that. Or is there another possibility to do that? I tried Master and Aux over Matrix, but that’s to complicated to adjust the return level in a fast way.

Regards
    Thomas

Profile photo of stylos
    stylos
    Participant

+1 for this!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the internal FX returns have no other inputs than the FX engines, and the FX engines have no other input than the FX send

so this will not happen in the near future since this is related to a change of the internal architecture at the FPGA

Profile photo of tomvo
    tomvo
    Participant

Hi Steffen,

i thought on an own „passthrough“-FX choosable in the FX library which easily connects the FX in with the FX out. In the Aux the waves plugins are inserted. In the FX section i can choose this Aux for input. Do you think that‘s problematic? I even could use the FX PEQ 🙂

Regards
    Thomas

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

+1

SteffenR
    Participant

still, it will need a change in the architecture, that will likely not happen in the near future

it is already possible to use an aux as send and inputs as returns

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi Steffen,
    But why is it possible to route the FX-Return to Physical Outs but not with the FX-Sends?
    This structure makes no sense for me at least…
    Ok maybe for recording the wet FX only…

SteffenR
    Participant

I know what you mean, but it is like it is…

and I was thinking about the idea with the empty rack…

did I understand it corecctly?
    You want a FX with only routing possibilities to replace an internal FX with hardware outside the desk?

would love a comment on this from @keithjah

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi Steffen,

did I understand it corecctly?
    You want a FX with only routing possibilities to replace an internal FX with hardware outside the desk?

Correct!
    Maybe with a fixed Delay to get phase coherence…

Greez

SteffenR
    Participant

Maybe with a fixed Delay to get phase coherence…

that is not needed for FX since most of them will change time parameters anyway
    if you need insert processing (EQ, Compression) then you can use the inserts already

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.