Electrical clicks / sounds / pulses from All QU outputs.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Electrical clicks / sounds / pulses from All QU outputs.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rickdans Rickdans 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Tell me please – does anyone have a pulse, shots of electric clicks in columns / monitors from all exits from QU? This problem is also heard in the columns even if we completely turn off the Master channel or Mix channels – Mute also does not stop these Chaotic spontaneous electrical clicks / signals … Tell me what it is – how to fix it … We changed different firmware / versions firmware .. And they made a hard reset – but all without success … Nothing helps – clicks still happen … What is this ???

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Sergeyleps,

This sounds like it will be a hardware issue unfortunately. Please contact your local distributor to arrange a service, you can find their details here: https://www.allen-heath.com/where-to-buy/

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What are you connecting to mixers outputs, type and model of equipment.

I assume when you disconnect the cable from the mixer the noise stops.

Are you using properly wired XLR cables, do not have pin 1 tied to the XLR
    outer shell.

Give us some more info on your system.

It may very well be a problem with the mixer but lets try to rule out other factors
    fist.

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

There are no problems with cable products – all cable products are custom-made at Better Kabel.The QU-SB is connected to the ADAM. studio monitors. These clicks / electric clicks are usually often after turning on the console into an electrical network (given that I have a good power stabilizer.), it rarely happens that there are no clicks at all, but more often they are … Then there are very few of them in the first 15-20 minutes after switching on, and then they stop, there are many / often – but after a while everything stops … And so every day / every Kticheski times after first turning on QU ..

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Do you hear the noise in the headphones.

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Hmm .. Headphones have not yet connected to the remote control …. But I connected everything to the output monitors (output mix) … I put Mute – I lowered all the faders, to understand the reasons .. But the clicks still go away – it does not stop them. .. Of course I’ll listen in headphones – but what difference does it make? I don’t need headphones. I need Mix – to give monitoring to a radio …

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Listening for the noise in the headphones was just another point of trouble shooting
    and narrowing down the location of the problem.

Have you tried connecting your monitors to the ALT OUT or the 2TRK OUT and listen
    for the noise.

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

I will listen to the headphones of course, but … If they have the same clicks, or there are no clicks, what will it change? To where does the location of this problem narrow? And what could be the problem? What is your guess? To me – as an amateur in electronics, it can only be assumed that this is possible because of some kind of faulty resistor / transistor, or something like that … What else can accumulate and release such electrical clicks – I can’t even assume .. Exits like you indicated – ALT OUT or 2TRK OUT – I do not have the same … I have the remote control – model QU-SB.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Sorry I missed that you had the SB model. The SB does have a matrix out MTX 1-2 you could try, you will need to set up the matrix mix to get the needed output at those connections.

None of this will fix your problem but only help narrow down where it’s coming from and possibly give you a way to use the system before sending it in for repairs if that is what it is going to need.

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

I checked the headphone out … There are clicks too, but very very quiet, compared to those on all the outlets … As I understand it – this does not solve anything … This is a defective product (And I find it very strange – why QU -SB NO full-fledged power switch ??? It’s just Nonsense !!! When plugged into the outlet, too, Beats a click …- well, and then it all Lives its life … Steady after 30 minutes of the console – clicks Stop … And so until the next new Inclusion ..

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

After your going through and narrowing it through process of elimination I’ going to say it is unfortunately in the mixer.

I did have a service call to a facility one time complaining of static and popping in the
    sound system and it was caused by static electricity build up from people walking on the the carpet. When every they got close to but not even touching the podium mic it would cause static and pops.

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Well, we all seemed to be able to – checked … All physical exits that are available in QU-SB … How else can we narrow down the search range? What other experiments to do? Today we turned on the console – and at the same time we heard from monitors and headphones … The clicks were only in the monitors – which are connected to Maine .. And for 99.996% clicks only from the “R” outputs … from the left click output, as a rule, No …. Just checked today the MTX1-2 outputs, the clicks are exactly the same – as I had anticipated … It was possible not to check .. From all the inputs I took out the XLR-to eliminate the situation that you described about cal clicks from microphones and carpet … All – options to narrow the range of just over …

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Do you have any suggestions or suggestions on the last letter described above? Or is our situation a hopeless situation?

Profile photo of Motul
    Motul
    Participant

Good day .. I still expect any instructions to identify my problem with QU? And what conclusions, after all that you wrote to do, did you do? What should I do next with a mixing console?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

With the trouble shooting/processing of elimination that can be done via an internet message forum it sounds like it is the a mixer issue. The next thing would be to go to
    your dealer or contact Allen Heath for local service center.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.