Effects routing and muting

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Effects routing and muting

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Out of the box the QU-PAC was setup with effects sends and returns. Question… I have all effects returns faders down, and when I raise effects send faders, the effect is sent directly to LR. I don’t know that that is a problem, just wondering why the sends aren’t routed to the returns, and if I wanted to do that, what would be the best way?

Also… I’d like to setup a soft key to mute all four effects sends (of retruns, if routed via returns) with one soft key. What would be easiest way to do that.

Thanks, Dan

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Don’t want to be rude, but there’s The Manual

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Andreas, I don’t take your comment as rude, but I read the manual before I posted my question. I’ve run LS9,s and M7’s for years, but I’m finding some of the QU-PAC features less intuitive than I’d hoped, and the manual provides some description of features, but doesn’t go into much depth or offer examples, at least non that are helping me.

Therefore, if you or anyone can answer my previous questions, or point me to a specific tutorial or manual reference that addresses them, I would be very appreciative.

This mixer arrived two weeks late, so I have little time to sort some of the issues out before it has to go to a show. Any help appreciated…

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, I’ll try. 😉
    The Qu FX may be used in a variety of ways, either inserted into a specific channel or be used like outboard gear through a bus system.
    When used through the bus, selecting a FX bus the faders define the the amount sent to that particular FX. On the second layer you also see the FX returns, which could be used to chain the effect units. Normally the FX return faders should be all down on a FX bus.
    On the second layer of your LR bus you’ll also find the FX return faders, which are probably all set 0, that’s why your FX is audible on LR.
    If you want your FX audible on a MIX, for example, select that Mix and raise FX return fader.
    In other words: There is one individual FX Return fader on each FX in each Mix/LR/Fx bus.
    Muting the FX from soft buttons should work using Mute Groups. Check chapter 11.7 to assign a softkey to a mute group and 9.14 how to manage Mute Groups. I don’t own a QuPac, so I only can point you towards that manual.

Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Thanks Andreas, that helped. I expected the architecture of the AH to be different from what I’m use to, but the combination of that difference and not having a traditional console interface in front of me is taking some time to sink in.

I was looking to mute my FX from a softkey other than one of the 4 presets, but for now I’ll just use one of the 4, and play with other options later.

Thanks again… Dan

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure. Maybe printing the system block diagram (end of manual) helps to get more familiar what’s in the box and how everything connects internally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.