Effects for Qu16

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Effects for Qu16

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tommy
    Tommy
    Participant

Not sure if you can or not, but I understand that with the compact mixers, you can’t do as much as you can with the full sized mixers. Is this true with the Qu16 as compared to the Qu24 and Qu32? I would like to add more effects to my board as well as things like a Multi-band Compressor. Is this possible with the Qu16?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

There currently is no multiband compressor available for QU. There is on GLD.

All QU have available 4 engines to use however QU16 only has 2 direct FX sends. Last two have to be sent from an mix buss or inserted on a channel.

Profile photo of BBEgo
    BBEgo
    Participant

I just bought a QU16 and would like to know what steps to take that would allow a 3rd and 4th effects routing option.
    I’m a new guy, but have figured out how to assign FX to sends 1&2. Could you explain how to assign 3&4?
    Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

FX button next to the screen.
    Press the FX3 tab.
    “Front Panel” button to change to the back panel.
    Change “Input” selection to a spare mix.
    Send channels to that spare mix as you would for the the other FX sends.
    Rinse and repeat for FX4.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

And read the manual.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

He 16 doesn’t have groups or matrices, but is otherwise fully featured (channel count obv)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.