Effect in the monitor line QU-SB

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Effect in the monitor line QU-SB

This topic contains 29 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

Mark! I need the effect on channel 6 in the monitor line and the effect on channel 5, which would have been heard in the main RL. They should not depend on each other.
    Bob! I need all four fx effects for different musical instruments (drums,back vocal etc).

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

If you’re using all 4 effects units already, that’s it, unless you patch an external unit.

You need 2 units for these two sources to be independent of each other.

At the moment, I’m still not 100% what it is you want to be able to do. If you can tell us exactly what it that you need to control, there may be a clever way to work around with the groups and/or DCAs.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

FX units aren’t magical – the input has the effect applied and there is a single output. You can’t separate the vocals afterwards…

I’d just use the FX from the FOH channel to supply the Monitor (assuming I gave them any FX at all)

Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

Here’s my scene.
    It seems to me that this will be more visible.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/X4vt/noyqvUzec
    Leave as is, just turn off channel 5 “Tanya” and turn on channel 6 “Monit” (pre in mix 5-6) and say. Listen to the main RL, why do the effects sound there ???
    Look at the photos.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6DXn/bj1dkTvnR
    Thank you.

MarkPAman
    Participant

From your previous set of photos, you’re sending Channel 6 to the FX, as well as Channel 5.
    So the effects unit makes a reverb sound from the combination of those two sources, which then comes “out” of the effects unit, through the FX return channel, where you’re sending it to L+R and Mix 5+6.

Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

You understood correctly. So it is impossible to do?
    I used to have a Mackie DL1608 console and there were no such problems.

MarkPAman
    Participant

I think you’re mistaken about the Mackie, but that’s another story, and irrelevant here!

So you want to turn off vocals to L+R, (and have the reverb go off too), but still have vocals and their reverb in the monitors?

So, route the Ch5 vocal through a group, and also the reverb return through the same group. Turn them both off in L+R. Then that group is you control for the vocal + its reverb coming through L+R (plus you get some extra EQ & processing if you need it)

🙂

Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

Thank you. I’ll try.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

To the original poster.
    Are you really looking for a practical solution?
    You’d “prefer not to use iTunes” conversion though.
    It’s simple and works for me, why not try it if you are really looking to sort this out?
    In reply to your earlier post to me, not all my files are “ripped”, there are original pieces I’ve converted too.
    There can be a bit of music “snobbery” around iTunes but it lets me do my job and get paid week after week so I’m fine with it.
    •••It’s free too!•••

If using the Qu-Drive is “mission critical”, try something that works for other people.
    Ideally for me, the Qu-Drive would play MP3 files. It doesn’t so I’ve had to convert some files to make it work.
    It might be an extra step but it will be quicker than waiting for a firmware update and it doesn’t take a lot of effort to do!
    Good luck👍🏻😀

Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

Thank you.
    And what’s with itunes?

MarkPAman
    Participant

I think robbocurry’s posted a reply to a different question in the wrong place!

Anyway, vkt, have you had a chance to try the group thing yet, will it what you want?

Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

@markpaman Yes thank you.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Here’s my scene.
    It seems to me that this will be more visible.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/X4vt/noyqvUzec
    Leave as is, just turn off channel 5 “Tanya” and turn on channel 6 “Monit” (pre in mix 5-6) and say. Listen to the main RL, why do the effects sound there ???
    Look at the photos.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6DXn/bj1dkTvnR
    Thank you.

Yeah, that was kinda messy 🙀 But worked the first time btw including the custom layers…

Thank God for the “MarkPAmans” of this world !

Giga

Profile photo of vkt
    vkt
    Participant

@giga Thank you.
    How to do it right?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Well, MarkPAman’s solution works fine. You may also get away with using a DCA that controls channelvolume + that channels send to the fx at the same time. Put that DCA on your customstrip and voilá..

On a side note and not to tell you how to do your job but if I were you I’d take a hard look at your monitor mix(es ?). It seems there is an awfull lot going on there and thus a lot of potential for trouble…

Giga

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.