Editor Midi Feedback

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions Editor Midi Feedback

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of battistajl battistajl 8 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikefogg
    mikefogg
    Participant

Is there a way turn off Midi through in Editor. I have a problem using a BCF2000 with Editor: The midi stream from the BCF to Editor always gets sent back out of Editor back into the BCF. The ideal would be Editor to respond to but not feedback out what it get in. The problem causes me to fight with BCF fader with the position I want vs the position the midi feedback wants. Surely, other people have the same experience? Can’t find any reg setting to change. Any thoughts anyone. Also, wouldn’t it be useful to have a high density, no frills, small footprint midi (or TCP/IP) controller board with say 32 faders to give you tactile control of basic functions eg (Level/PAN) of Editor. This would give you best of all worlds i.e. Tactile control of faders and comprehensive editing on the Editor software. Anyone come across such a beast?

mikefogg@manchesterpa.co.uk

Profile photo of battistajl
    battistajl
    Participant

Hi Mike,

have you found a way around this? I’ve found that the problem isn’t a midi thru coming back from ilive, but once the midi controler stops sending data, say for a fader move, then ilive responds with the fader’s last position, but, the response has an offset error!!

I verified this by monitoring the input and output stream with midi-ox, and sometimes the response is fine but most of the time it is just 1 under the value last sent by the controler (exemple you move a fader up to midi value 100, at the end of the move ilive will reply with that fader midi value 99). The “solution” i’m left with right now, is to use the controler as input with no response from ilive, and check the fader-pickup box in ilive midi-mapper.

On scene recall i have to go in midi set-up and swap the way midi circulate just to load the controler…
    Anyone else with a better solution?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.