Editor and multiple network interfaces

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Editor and multiple network interfaces

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MJCElectronics MJCElectronics 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nixay
    Nixay
    Participant

Hi,

We have a PC at our mix position which has two network cards. One connects to our admin network for access to internet and admin type things, and the other connects to our AV network which has all our AV equipment on a physically separate network and different IP range with no internet access.

I’m trying to get Editor to connect to the mixrack on the AV network but there’s no way to specify which network adapter to use and it’s obviously picking the wrong one. I can only get it to connect if I unplug the admin network, making the AV network adapter the only active connection. With both networks plugged in, the mixrack doesn’t show up in the list to connect to.

I’ve tried ForceBindIP but not having any luck there. Any suggestions? Currently using v1.91 but I didn’t see any notes about v1.92 to suggest any changes in this area.

Nixay.

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

If the AV network is a single subnet it should just work.
    If there are several subnets and the mix rack is on a different subnet to your Editor PC you’ll need to add a persistent static route to your PC to tell it that the other subnet lives off of the AV interface, otherwise it will send all non-local traffic to the default gateway which I guess is on your admin network.

If you have a subnetted AV network, open a command prompt on the Editor PC as Admin and type ROUTE ADD x.x.x.x MASK y.y.y.y z.z.z.z -P
    where x.x.x.x is the network address of the subnet your mixrack is on
    y.y.y.y is the subnet mask of that subnet
    z.z.z.z is the router address on the AV network
    That will add a persistent route to the PC.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.