Editing Show file Offline on Director

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Editing Show file Offline on Director

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Steffen R Steffen R 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bolupona
    bolupona
    Participant

When I create my show file with my scenes on the surface, and take it to the Director offline so I can make certain edits and bring it back to the surface, I notice that the Director doesn’t see my show files at all. But when I plug it back into the surface, it sees the show files.

What am I doing wrong?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi bolupona,

Have you pointed to the USB drive in the System screen? Director needs to be told where your files live, it could be a physical USB drive, or a folder on your computer.

Profile photo of bolupona
    bolupona
    Participant

I pointed Director to the USB drive but Director doesn’t see any of the show files. But when I get back on site on a surface, it sees the show files. And I’m using a usb that was formatted on the surface to make sure it’s compatible.

Is there something I am missing?

Profile photo of jksoundtech
    jksoundtech
    Participant

I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issue. I exported the show to usb, copied to my hard drive and now trying to load the show into director (1.72). I have selected a multitude of different folders of where the files are on my hard drive, but still nothing shows up in the showfile window in director. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

You didn’t say what your PC system was, I’m still using 1.70 on Windows 10, but I’d imagine the folder structure would be similar…except for 1.70 may be 1.72 and the user folder will be what ever user login identifier you are using.

For the factory show files, they are here:
    (Local Disk) C:\Program Files(x86)\Allen&Heath\dLive Director 1.70\Factory Shows

For the user show files, I found them here(Your username will be different):
    (Local Disk) C:\Users\Scott\AllenHeath\TLD\TLDData\Director\Shows\User

jksoundtech
    Participant

my home pc is on windows 7.

These files I exported from the console and brought them home to work on configuring the file. The exported file has a bunch of folders in the “show” folder but i cannot find anything that is a showfile or pops up in the window in director. What type of file is it (director) looking for?

I have even moved my exported files to sit in the folder that you listed above, and still nothing.

Thanks

jksoundtech
    Participant

Update…

I dropped the show file in the factory folder and now I can see the file in the load window in director. It loaded now…

THanks!

Jared

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Jared, I looked at my Win 7 install and here the folder structures.

Factory show files are stored here:
    c:\Program Files(x86)\Allen & Heath\dLive Director 1.70\Factory Shows

User files are saved here:
    c:\users\{yourcurrentlogin}\AllenHeath\TLD\TLDData\Director\Shows\User

You may find that when you “save” your show file, it may save it in the user folder, not the factory folder that it read it from.

More than likely if you didn’t “create” a show file on director and save it, or copy from “usb source” using director copy function, the user folder structure may exist.

Profile photo of Miles
    Miles
    Participant

Likewise, for those who are on a mac, you will need to drop your zipped show file in the factory shows folder. To find the folder, just open the applications folder in finder and right-click on the dLive Director application and select “Show Package Contents”. It’s under Contents/Resources/Factory Shows/

Profile photo of iwhite
    iwhite
    Participant

I saved my show file from console to USB, loaded it into the Factory Show folder in dLive Director on my Mac (El Capitan), shows up in show list but indicates Invalid File when I try to recall it. What am I doing wrong?

Profile photo of Steffen R
    Steffen R
    Participant

I saved my show file from console to USB, loaded it into the Factory Show folder in dLive Director on my Mac (El Capitan), shows up in show list but indicates Invalid File when I try to recall it. What am I doing wrong?

I guess it’s write protected
    you should have a folder for user shows and the USB destination in Director should point to this folder
    that should be a better place for your showfiles

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.