Edit/split Qu-Drive multi-track files?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Edit/split Qu-Drive multi-track files?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

This might be a silly, but I have some long live Qu-Drive multi-song recordings. I have them imported into a DAW for mixing, but I’d also like to split some of the songs out for mixing on the QU.
    It occurred to me might edited sections like this be exported back to a formatted Qu-Drive -as long as the file naming was correctly followed?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mixsit,

Here are the guidelines for formatting files so that they can be played using Qu-Drive: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Reference-Guide-AP9372_10.pdf#page=54&zoom=auto,-274,826

In a nut shell, the files need to be named and formatted in the same way as when you record them. They also need to be the exact same length and size.

If you have any trouble with this, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com for further assistance.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

Great. Thanks. I was thinking the mixer might add or do something unique to its recorded files.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mixsit,

Actually, it usually data which a DAW may add, such as markers, which can cause an issue here. So make sure there is extra data added to the files when you export. I usually use the Force WAV setting in Reaper for this with BWF off.

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.