Echo or Bucket Brigade for Vocal Slap

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Echo or Bucket Brigade for Vocal Slap

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rockaddict
    Rockaddict
    Participant

my sq6 has the addition of Compressor Pac and Dynamic Trio. I am really happy with it. For the vocals I would like to have a nice warm slap echo to make the lead vocals sound more fat. I’m not really happy with the factory slap, it lacks warmth. Whitch Rack Extra effect would you recommend: Echo or Bucket Brigade ?

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Rockaddict,

maybe you can better decide, if you hear some examples. On my Youtube channel are some.

I personally like the Bucket Brigade more, since I have control over the delay time.

Bucket Brigade Delay Examples

Have fun
    André

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I personally use Echo for vocals, and the BB for guitars. Both are great, but it ultimately comes down to personal taste. You can always use the PEQ or “Hi Damp” control on the BB, or “Treble” control on the echo to adjust the amount of HF roll off too.

Profile photo of Rockaddict
    Rockaddict
    Participant

Many thanks. I think i will buy the BBD soon.
    Kind Regards from Germany

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

I have both and preferred Echo on vocals.
    I don’t use either live though if I ever need to change the rate due to the ‘chipmunk’ effect đŸ¤£ Caught me out on a Queen show once and very quickly reverted to the built in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.