DynEQ4 integration

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DynEQ4 integration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rockaddict
    Rockaddict
    Participant

I have an SQ 6 with the current SW version 1.5.1 since a few months. I mix only one rock band with drums, bass, git, keyboards, 2 backing vocals, 2 x lead vocals.
    So far I have installed the SQ6 Tube Stage Preamp as an add on.
    I have configured 6 monitor Aux for the musicians’ InEars.
    I am currently using 6 of the 8 effect returns (for Lead Vocals Rev, Lead Vocals Echo, Snare Rev, Git Room, Toms Rev, Backing Vocals Rev). So I still have 2 effect returns free.
    The next extension for me is the SQ-6 Dynamic Trio Pack. Of these, DynEQ4 seems to be the most interesting plug-in. I would like to have more control over the two lead vocals and the guitar (and possibly the bass), so I would like to use 3 (to 4) x DynEQ4.
    Now my questions related to the DynEQ4:
    How will the 3-4 DynEQ4s be integrated into the SQ6?
    Do I need a separate effect send for each DynEQ4 and one of the only 2 available effect returns? If so, I could only use 2 DynEQ4s, which would of course be a pity.
    It would be ideal if I could simply insert the DynEQ4 into each channel strip, just like the built-in parametric EQ. Is that possible? If so, how?
    Thank you very much for your feedback and best regards from Germany.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

The DynEQs aren’t deep plugins so have to he used in an FX slot, so if you need the existing 6 you’re using then you can only use 2.

I would suggest using these on an insert rather than send/return though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.