Dynamics on FX sends

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Dynamics on FX sends

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ron Ron 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ctrl-z
    ctrl-z
    Participant

I find it helpful to compress the signal hitting a drum verb a bit to maintain the characteristics of the wet sound in the mix when the drumming is widely dynamic- brushes and sticks can have a similar ambience in the PA, for example. Started doing this for musical theatre vocals awhile back and it helped a great deal; the dynamic range those guys sometimes give you can make FX seem non existent or comically overdone in the space of a few seconds. In many instances you can’t compress the channel itself a great deal without getting into other issues, so to squish the send to internal FX would be great.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Can’t you change the point in the channel strip where the aux sends are taken off? It might be as simple as changing the take off point.

Profile photo of Ron
    Ron
    Participant

I’ve noticed this too. Especially when you have a 300ms delay on a compressed vocal and he gets really loud and the delay gets way out there and the dry vocal stays where it should be because of compression.

Seems I couldn’t find the right pre/post setting to change it.

Ron

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.