DX32 with Prime I/Os

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DX32 with Prime I/Os

This topic contains 19 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 3 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Guys these cards are most definitely made for High Resolution inputs, Kieth is quite correct (well to my old ears) when he says they are just bits of wire with gain. Dave Meadowcroft is spot on when he says on premium balanced inputs some form of adjustment IS included to ensure the tollerances of the componants are negated quite rightly a sign of care and quality by the design and manufacturing team. Bit like “Pair Matching” of microphones.
    I have been using them to record classical music off and on over the last few months (All social distancing requirements etc complied with) now I would find it hard to revert back to “Non Prime” inputs for my reference and main input channels at least. Historically good mic inputs on analogue desks were expensive, boutique channel strips are not cheap, high resolution microphones cost serious money. I think the Prime card on that basis is pretty good value for money, especially if you already have a DX32 as part of your inventory. They work fine with both my D-Live and my SQ5 (Thanks to everything I/O) Makes me a happy camper (sorry User).
    Regards All.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Thank you Mr-B, Your’s is a hands on review that means a lot to me as I prepare to write a check for the prime cards and a DX32 when ever they arrive at my dealers location. I plan to house them in a large SKB shock case with room in the rear of the case to place a 6 channel head phone amp. I have a rolling cart that will facilitate movement within my studio or for remote location work. I will get back to this thread when the Primes are deployed.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Hugh you won’t be dissapointed I am sure, been using DPA, Schoeps and Sony microphones with them, the Sony’s are pretty flat to 50Khz very low distorion and noise figures as you would guess. It would be interesting to try the Sanken C100k or the newer twin diaphram Sanken’s these have published bandwidth of 100Khz. However if you are looking for “A Sound” these just don’t have one.
    Ian B.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I plan to Patch the SQ main L & R outputs to the Prime #7 & #8 outputs. I would like to have the main L&R outputs available simultaneously in the SQ5 and the Prime outputs. Are there any fixed design reasons this will not be feasible?
    Hugh

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

Hi Hugh,

You can patch outputs to as many sockets as you want so no problems there.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.