DX32 trouble after updating to V1.80

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting DX32 trouble after updating to V1.80

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

Hi,

Is there anyone out here, who is also experiencing trouble with DX32 over fiber after updating to V1.80 ?

The setup i have has been running great for over 6 months, but this morning i updated my MON’s setup to 1.80 and it’s been giving me a Audio sync lock error on all three DX ports ever since.

My setup consists of a C3500 and a CDM64, it has 3x DX32 connected on separate VLAN’s through a pair of TPlink Switches with a 10G Fiber trunk between them. This setup has been working absolutely flawless for over 6 months, but after updating it isn’t working so great anymore.
    The audio and the control is still there, but as i said, it keeps a Audio Sync Lock error in the status screen.
    Something that hasn’t happend while it was on 1.72.

I’ve tried linking a DX32 through a normal network cable, and that’s when the error disappears.
    However the FOH setup still works fine. this is basically the same setup but it’s still running 1,72. it also has 2x DX32’s routed through separate VLAN’s over the same pair of TP-link Switches. And there’s no trouble there. this leads me to believe the problems originate with the update.

I know A&H removed the VLAN tagging from the GigaAce protocol, but maybe some changes have been made to the DX protocol aswel? Is there anyone who also experienced something like this ? or maybe someone from A&H can comment on this ?

Help is very much appreciated. Because this “bug” (as i would call it) kinda makes my setup useless..

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

did the DX32 perform the firmware update? maybe this failed through your fiber link
    and after the firmware on the DX boxes keeps up to that on the desk it works again?

Worth a try…

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Was there an actual update to the DX boxes? I never connect mine when updating firmware unless I see in the release notes that there is an update to their firmware.

SteffenR
    Participant

do they not get an update together with the rest?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I think I only saw it happen with version 1.1 (or whatever the second version of the firmware was). Since then, they haven’t updated even though they might have been connected.

Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

so today i had some time to test a few things,

I updated the system with the dx32’s disconnected, rebooted the system, after that i connected a dx32 over a copper network cable. the system says its updating the dx32 (so apparently there’s an update for them aswel) and when that’s done, no error’s appear. when i swap the connection with the fiber option. the error reappears. so i guess its not the update over fiber that’s going wrong.

at this point i think i’ve updated (and downgraded) about 5 or 6 times so a bad install seems unlikely aswel.

any other suggestions ?

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

They did make some changes to VLAN tagging. Could that be related?

Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

well, i suppose anything’s possible at this point, however i don’t think it is related.

I know they removed the embedded VLAN1 tagging from the gigaACE protocol. which should make it easier to run gigaACE over the same fiber setup.
    However the gigaACE protocol isn’t used to connect the DX ports. So any changes made to the gigaACE protocol shouldn’t affect the DX ports at all.

I still think they changed something to the DX protocol though. I can’t think of any other explanation why this won’t work anymore.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Luuk

Sorry you’re having problems. As far as I can see, there haven’t been any changes to the Dx protocol itself. The units will update in V1.8 due to a small change to how we determine whether the Ethernet link is up/down, allowing DX disconnection to work properly when using Ethernet switches. If you have an audio sync problem then I don’t think this could be related. I think it’s worth opening a support ticket so that we can try to understand what’s going on: https://www.allen-heath.com/support.

– Jeff, A&H

Profile photo of Luuk
    Luuk
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

It does sounds very unlikely that it could be related. on the other hand, if thats the only thing that changed, then it kinda has to be, right ?

anyway i just opened a support ticket, so i’m hoping a solution is on its way.

SteffenR
    Participant

I ask it here as well, any news on this?
    since we have registered some network problems…

A&H, anything we could help with?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.