DX32 problem – help

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting DX32 problem – help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

I’m currently using an S5000, DM64 and a DX32 with 3 analogue input cards in slots 1, 2 & 3 and one analogue output card in slot4. I also have a Dante card mounted in the surface for recording.

Upon boot up for the first show for some reason the desk did not recognise card 3 and none of the other DX inputs would pass audio, but it appears possible to switch phantom on and off.

Turning off the DX 32 and reseating the card, then rebooting the system has fixed the problem twice now but I’m worried it will happen again and possibly mid show.

I can repatch the show not to use this card. Can I remove card 3 from the DX rack and leave slot 3 blank? Can I try it in slot 4 with nothing in slot 3? I’m not using the outputs on the DX rack (slot 4).

The show will run for 4 weeks – 5 days a week and I need to sort this out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

it should be possible to leave the slot 3 blank, but I’m not totally shure

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,
    Yes, you can leave any number of slots empty.
    As you suggest, try the same card in slot 4 and see if the system recognizes it, this should tell you if the problem is with the card or with the backplane.
    Also check the connector for any obvious sign of damage, bent pins etc.

Profile photo of PeterM
    PeterM
    Participant

Thanks Nicola,

This morning when we booted up the console Card 3 was not recognized, after cycling the power on the DX32 all was good.

Slot 4 – Card 4 was an output card. After today we have enough outputs on the DX64 so I swapped, as you suggested, input card 3 into slot 4 and put a blank cover on slot 3. This worked perfectly but we will need to see how things are tomorrow morning when we power up again.

We are also getting a few error messages; we had six “Surface-Internal Errors” in about 5 minutes (not sure what we were doing at the time) … but nothing after that – I assume that is fine but just checking.

Best Regards

Peter

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

If you are getting errors in the logs, I’d recommend sending your logs and Show file to support@allen-heath.com so we can look into it for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.