DX32 and DX012

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DX32 and DX012

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaleCooper
    DaleCooper
    Participant

Hello there,

My simple but for me tricky question is how to combine DX32 and DX012 on SQ-Board?

Do I need a DX-Hub or can i cascade from DX012 to DX32??

Regards

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

You will need either a DX Hub or a second SLink card unfortunately.
    If you haven’t already bought the DX32 and you’re not contemplating using Prime IO or using more than 16 outputs (not including the DX012) then the GX4816 would be better as you also get 2 DX outs (that you can then cascade too).

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@DaleCooper

Further info on possible SLink connections:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SLinkConnections_V1_5_0.pdf

And for GX/DX in particular:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DX-GX-System-Guide-ISS_5.pdf

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of DaleCooper
    DaleCooper
    Participant

Thank you for help! I already got an DX32 and want to upgrade seperate channels to Prime. I really hoped that maybe i can cascade from DX012, unless manuals said that it isn´t possible 😉
    Thanks

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@DaleCooper

The DX protocol is 32×32, this is why you can cascade 2 units in any combination of DX168’s, DX164W’s and DX012’s because they all have a maximum of 16 inputs or outputs.
    The DX32 on the other hand, takes up the full 32 inputs or outputs in one go.

The DXHub and the GX4816 have a 128×128 channel GigaACE/GX connection to the console which are split out to separate 32×32 channel DX ports.
    4 on the DXHub and 2 on the GX4816 (because the first 64×64 channels are used by the analogue sockets and ME outputs).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.