DX168 supply problems

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions DX168 supply problems

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ratman Ratman 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FitzroyChris
    FitzroyChris
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is the right place to raise it, but here goes anyway!

We have had an SQ6 in our church since August of this year, and are very pleased with its performance. It’s running off an existing analogue multicore, but one of the reasons we upgraded from an aging LS9-32 was to replace the multicore with Cat6 and 2x DX168 stage boxes for most of our inputs, so we could in the long term move the mix position out from under a balcony (which makes critical bass listening difficult!). However, we have had 2 x DX168’s on order from Thomann since August, and the due estimates keep getting further and further away; all the other usual sales suspects in ​the UK and beyond are showing out of stock, with long lead times (December or beyond in most cases) and no guarantee that they will appear then.

I know that there are worldwide component supply issues currently, but is there any likelihood of the situation improving?

Chris

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

we expect an improvement on the general situation in late 2022

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Political priorities exacerbated any chance for orderly management of covid 19. Unfortunately political science, not medical science, ordered a world economic shut down and the corresponding fall out is wide spread and has produced supply and inflationary pricing problems. China has exhausted their supply of coal, that produces most of their electric power, so many of their factories are closed for half or more of each working week. The current US administration has made every possible effort to shut down our plentiful supply of coal in order to create a “cleaner world”. In a “Free trade world” sharing resources with a neighbor that has an abundance of high quality labor with a low price point should make a lot of common sense: however political shenanigans have historically been a problem. It is very clear to me the world would be a much better place for all if “fair trade and fair tariff practices” were in place. However political proclivities and agendas have made this impossible at this point. So we now wait for months for SR gear and toilet paper.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I just received a AB168 that was on order for a little over 6 months.

To get out from under the balcony mix remotely with the SQ app.

Profile photo of Ratman
    Ratman
    Participant

I’ve got an AR2412 on order from Andertons UK and I had an email last week stating that they are expecting delivery around 26/01/22.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.