DX168 Standalone on laptop and little software ?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions DX168 Standalone on laptop and little software ?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jo
    Jo
    Participant

Hello there !

I’m often using my SQ5 and a DX168 for rapid and convenient record session with bands.
    The work-flow is really confortable.
    I often need my SQ5 during the recording for many things to do, but lot of time, i only need adjust the preamp and that’s it.
    My computer (via USB-B) is recordin and that’s it.

A very cool and time saver option in this case could be using the DX168 standalone directly plug in a laptop via EtherCon !

So here’s my question :
    Is it possible to create a little software installable on any laptop, through which we could adjust just the preamp settings (gain, phantom, phase and pad)
    and give access to a DAW to receive the 16 DX inputs.

So it is…
    several times I asked myself this question.
    Perhaps that is a stupid question ?
    I hope I will soon be able to know the secret
    I also hope my English is not too disgusting

Musicaly !!

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I’m not sure that this works on any platform other than Dante but check this out:

DT Preamp Control

D.

Hmm, seems like it might be Dante only.

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

The DX transfer protocol, is an A&H proprietary protocol, as such would it require considerable development from A&H to create a Windows or MacOS interface software, which is probably not economical for the company, especially as the DT168 ((Dante protocol) does allow you to do just what you require, as mentioned above.

Profile photo of Jo
    Jo
    Participant

Yes, i understand it after for the flexibilty of the Dante protocol…
    but at the time of purchase, the additional cost of the DT168 was too high for me.
    I can imagine that creating a small interface to drive a DX with a computer and recover its signals could have a cost …
    But such usefulness!
    But perhaps there would also be a kind of concern in this case, to open the door to a possibility of mixing on a computer …

Anyway, I wonder if this is a recurring subject.
    I have heard the same kind of questioning from Beringher or Midas users.
    Being able to use your portable preamps in a lot of different configurations would be a great bonus from A&H.

As for the protocol, it would continue to be protected within the software. No ?

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Several pages of pros and cons pursuant to your question are discussed in the SQsb thread. The subject has been thoroughly hashed out in this thread.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Jo
    Jo
    Participant

I searched but found nothing relevant to the subject.
    Do you have a link?

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

“In SQ general discussions”
    SB (stage box) Form factor for SQ series.
    #96062 – started Nov. 2nd 2020 – by Alex Petrov 59

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.