DX168 – Firmware Update Before Connecting

Forums Forums Other A&H products DX168 – Firmware Update Before Connecting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of kittycaro
    kittycaro
    Participant

Hallo, ich habe ein DX168 Pult gekauft und bevor ich es benutze steht:
    UPDATE MIXER FIRMWARE BEFORE CONNECTING.
    Ich habe schon überall auf der Allen & Heath Seite nach einem Update für den DX168 gesucht, aber keines gefunden. Kann mir da einer weiterhelfen, was ich installieren muss?

Hello, I bought a DX168 desk and before I use it it says:
    UPDATE MIXER FIRMWARE BEFORE CONNECTING.
    I’ve looked all over the Allen & Heath site for an update for the DX168 but haven’t found one. Can someone help me with what I need to install?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@kittycaro

The firmware update for the DX168 will happen automatically depending on which system you connect to, so this is referring to the console or MixRack you’re using it with.
    You can find the most recent firmware for the console/MixRack (which will contain the correct DX168 firmware) through the relevant product page on the website – https://www.allen-heath.com/products/

Thanks!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

As Keith mentioned, the stagerack will automatically sync with the correct firmware to use with a particular console. This means if you were using the DX168 on a console running console firmware 1.5 one week, and then took the stagebox to another place and hooked it up to a console that was running firmware 1.3, the box would work correctly in both situations. This is fairly unique IMHO and a big benefit to A&H. With some other manufacturers, the box simply won’t sync if the firmwares don’t match between the console and the stagebox.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

I think this warning is on the new generation dx168 boxes because of the componend change in the harware and you need the last firmware to be recognized.

I guess, maybe Keith can confirm this.

Richard

KeithJ A&H

Thanks Richard,

Confirmed! 🙂

(e.g. https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Release-Notes-SQ-V1.5.4.pdf )

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Well I guess that means my scenario no longer works! I totally understand why A&H had to make the hardware change with all of the chip shortages, but that will cause someone an issue in the future when they plug the box into a console with an older firmware. Whereas the older boxes didn’t have that problem.

KeithJ A&H

@brian

Absolute plug and play has always been the aim, but yes, unfortunately our hand was forced with the current situation.
    This does mean that with a brand new expander you would need to be running current or future firmware, but that is the only case where you’d need to be aware.
    Jumping between SQ V1.5.4 and, say, SQ V1.8.0 in the future, or going between SQ/Avantis/dLive running the latest firmware today will not be a problem.
    Plus of course all the expanders already out there will continue to work with all previous and future firmware.

It’s a good point though, and the reason for the sticker!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.